Endcliffe Park Thuggery

49 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

As I understand it they were born and brought up in a country where the social rules are somewhat different. A Roma family. (As published in an article by Sheffield Tribune on this thread,  submitted by S.F admin if I remember correctly) Maybe they have also been brought up by parents that really don't care and let them do what they do. Maybe the parents were also brought up that way...

Maybe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Maybe.

If you can be bothered to scroll through the six pages of posts you you will find the article by Sheffield Tribune. The latter paragraph in my post is of course is my own opinion regarding parenting and parenting history.  

16 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My taking from that is that they purposely cause trouble to get moved to a bigger house!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up getting moved out of Gleadless before too long

14 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

If you can be bothered to scroll through the six pages of posts you you will find the article by Sheffield Tribune. The latter paragraph in my post is of course is my own opinion regarding parenting and parenting history.  

Just had a read, thanks.

My take from all sides is that I am glad I don't live next door to the family.

Whether Roma, English or whatever, assaults and robbery are wrong in any culture.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Just had a read, thanks.

My take from all sides is that I am glad I don't live next door to the family.

Whether Roma, English or whatever, assaults and robbery are wrong in any culture.

Of course, I absolutely agree. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2024 at 11:52, Al Bundy said:

I never said it was!

I was just stating that this park has had issues before, and I witnessed it as I worked opposite on Rustlings road ( not Rutland) a while back.

Way back in the late 70s, the ' shed' with no roof inside the gates, was occupied by teens who thought they were 'it', occasionally terrorising people passing by.

On 11/05/2024 at 01:15, hackey lad said:

Two legendary ones in Hackenthorpe in the 60s and 70s . Still remembered today . 

Good old PC Disney....