Endcliffe Park Thuggery

Police should be sorting stuff like this out. 

the country doesn’t have any proactive policing anymore - just ring em once you’ve been mugged/burgled/smacked etc.

how on earth can a gang in a park end up with councillors discussing it - just get some Bobbies on beat in there til they realise 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

Police should be sorting stuff like this out. 

the country doesn’t have any proactive policing anymore - just ring em once you’ve been mugged/burgled/smacked etc.

how on earth can a gang in a park end up with councillors discussing it - just get some Bobbies on beat in there til they realise 

When was the last time it did?

Bobbies on the beat never existed in many places - more a "Dixon of Dock Green" myth.

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

When was the last time it did?

Bobbies on the beat never existed in many places - more a "Dixon of Dock Green" myth.

Two legendary ones in Hackenthorpe in the 60s and 70s . Still remembered today . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Two legendary ones in Hackenthorpe in the 60s and 70s . Still remembered today . 

So we're going back a good 50 years since we had "bobbies on the beat",

Just now, hackey lad said:

You said they never existed in places , I told you one place they did. 

Many places was the term I used, Never saw them in Deepcar / Stocksbridge apart from the odd time they'd come into a boozer looking for under age drinkers,

I remember a thread donkeys years ago when someone calculated  from the number of bobbies that existed in the 60's they'd have had to walk at about 20 mph to walk every street in the city daily.

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Many places was the term I used, Never saw them in Deepcar / Stocksbridge apart from the odd time they'd come into a boozer looking for under age drinkers,

I remember a thread donkeys years ago when someone calculated  from the number of bobbies that existed in the 60's they'd have had to walk at about 20 mph to walk every street in the city daily.

Just cos you only saw them the odd time didn’t mean it didn’t happen. There was a police station in every area pretty much. 

On 09/05/2024 at 17:10, pfifes said:

Rumour has it they are being moved to Gleadless Townend area.

Well I’m sure they will receive a warm welcome on Gleadless, especially if they dare venture onto the Valley.

7 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

Just cos you only saw them the odd time didn’t mean it didn’t happen. There was a police station in every area pretty much. 

Yup - we had one in Deepcar and Stocksbridge,, on Manchester Road,  opposite St Johns Road.. Doesn't mean the couple of coppers there walked the beat daily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Yup - we had one in Deepcar and Stocksbridge,, on Manchester Road,  opposite St Johns Road.. Doesn't mean the couple of coppers there walked the beat daily.

What did they do then ?