Who Do Wednesday Sign For Season 24/25?

1 hour ago, PapaLazarou said:

Is Hirst still under contract n xx season though?

The boys a Premier League player now.

You'll finish up with "Bassett's Allsorts"   Papa.

that was a big mistake letting a english international go , but i underst and money was not easy at the time , but when you have kids and pay for there football education for years its  horrible to lose them for nowt, what a fix that was.

On 11/05/2024 at 11:25, staninoodle said:

Dawsons a very decent keeper and plenty good enough to hold his own in the championship.

Has Charles signed the new contract? Id heard he hadnt at the last home game.

Sorry, I don't know about Charles. I hope he has signed.

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Dawson at his age needs regular first team football.

he would be better off at a D1 club regular games and thats better than being a no2 ,because often mistakes happen when not played a while, but money comes into a footballers short working life , so i trust he will go to whoever offers him the best deal.

On 09/05/2024 at 16:39, rogets said:

Striker needed, so why not  Billy Sharpe, he is definitely proven at championship level

When he was the Owl's boss, Brian Laws asked Billy Sharp   if he would come to play for Wednesday as they had been together at Scunthorpe, I believe Billy gave him a firm no.

45 minutes ago, St Petre said:

When he was the Owl's boss, Brian Laws asked Billy Sharp   if he would come to play for Wednesday as they had been together at Scunthorpe, I believe Billy gave him a firm no.

Billy Sharp was shown around Hillsborough and Middlewood one evening in 2007, terms were agreed and a contract was drawn up.

He was mere minutes away from signing for Wednesday when United called with an 11th hour deal and the rest is history.