Who Do Wednesday Sign For Season 24/25?

5 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

How would we know when you've been here five minutes and you're just called 'Sheffield Forum'? How can you be so certain Sharp was minutes away from signing for Wednesday? As things stand I'm more inclined to believe the quote above from the horse's mouth.

To be fair to SF, he might not know much about Cornish weather in 1999, but he does know a lot about Wednesday.

An awful lot. So, I’m inclined to think that he’s right about Sharp. 

I’m also glad that we didn’t sign him. He’s quite an unpleasant man in my experience and he’s not really very good.

On 10/05/2024 at 19:15, PapaLazarou said:

George Hirst

George Hirst isn’t good enough for Wednesday.  He’s a fairly average league one player. I’d be disappointed if we resigned him.

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

To be fair to SF, he might not know much about Cornish weather in 1999, but he does know a lot about Wednesday.

An awful lot. So, I’m inclined to think that he’s right about Sharp. 

I’m also glad that we didn’t sign him. He’s quite an unpleasant man in my experience and he’s not really very good.

I've been going to Bramall Lane since 1997 and know an awful lot about United. It doesn't mean I'm privy to everything that goes on inside the club though. I asked him to clarify how he would know about Sharp and he's refused to say, so I'm going to take it with a huge pinch of salt.

12 hours ago, Prettytom said:

George Hirst isn’t good enough for Wednesday.  He’s a fairly average league one player. I’d be disappointed if we resigned him.

He did quite well for an average League One player this season. Scoring 7 goals in 26 Championship games for a team that gained automatic promotion to the Premier League.

15 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

He did quite well for an average League One player this season. Scoring 7 goals in 26 Championship games for a team that gained automatic promotion to the Premier League.

I’d say that’s poor for a title winning team.

44 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Lee Gregory has joined Mansfield Town ,shame how it ended for him at Hillsborough…but what a great contribution he made during the Promotion season….particularly at Wembley…🦉

Hope he gets to comeback to Hillsborough one day so the fans can show their appreciation.

Top pro.

• Like 1