Cambridge Street Collective

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The Star's paid a visit. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/eating-out/cambridge-street-collective-we-tried-three-kitchens-at-sheffields-huge-new-food-hall-and-one-was-a-clear-winner-4640849

What I don't understand is that Sheffield now has the LARGEST FOOD HALL IN EUROPE but while the nation has been listening to news reports for weeks, (fair enough not all good), that Manchester has the largest indoor arena in the UK, there's not been a mention of us having the LARGEST FOOD HALL IN EUROPE on any national media outlet. 

Doesn’t SCC have a press office?  Isn't this sort of thing that SCC's CEO Kate Josephs should be touting to the World & putting the word out there? 

I'd guarantee that if a similar venture had been started in London, Paris, Berlin or Rome, we in Sheffield would know about it via the MSM. 

There is quite an obvious reason why Manchester's "largest arena in the UK" attracted so much national press coverage.   I think we can do without that sort of publicity dont you.  

As others have said there has been plenty of press coverage about Cambridge Street Collective and given the crowds in its first few days plenty have obviously heard about it. 

6 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

There is quite an obvious reason why Manchester's "largest arena in the UK" attracted so much national press coverage.   I think we can do without that sort of publicity dont you.  

As others have said there has been plenty of press coverage about Cambridge Street Collective and given the crowds in its first few days plenty have obviously heard about it. 

We were hearing about the Manchester Arena on the national news well before they started with problems.  Remember, the first act on was supposed to be Peter Kay. 

I've not even seen any mention of EUROPE'S largest food hall on Calendar or Look North let alone the national news. 

On 24/05/2024 at 12:56, ECCOnoob said:

Think you need to learn some geography.  

Since when was Castle House and Orchard Square not in the city centre. 

Castle house has never been city centre , city centre has always been Barkers pool area and orchard square place is much smaller and can probably sustain itself with lower rents.

52 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Castle house has never been city centre , city centre has always been Barkers pool area and orchard square place is much smaller and can probably sustain itself with lower rents.

of course castle house is in the city centre. 

the idea that the whole off sheffield city centre is defined by a square in front of the city hall is daft. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

of course castle house is in the city centre. 

the idea that the whole off sheffield city centre is defined by a square in front of the city hall is daft. 

maybe the  city centre to you for lots of people it isnt there's nowt down there , except rubbish shops, argos etc etc

I've used Cutlery Works and Sheffield Plate many times and lime them both so I'll definitely try this new place, a friend of mine went a few days ago and said the only real negative was the waiting times for food they were waiting an hour and this caused a bit of an issue with new customers coming in and tables not being vacated quickly enough, possibly just teething problems though and I'll call in in the next few weeks.

18 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

maybe the  city centre to you for lots of people it isnt there's nowt down there , except rubbish shops, argos etc etc

Well then those 'lots of people' are morons aren't they. 

The city centre is defined by geographical boundaries. That's it. That's all it ever is. Not uncorroborated ill-informed opinions about what shops and business count and what doesn't.