Cambridge Street Collective

we went for lunch on Friday: lots of choice, lots of people. 

I had some kind of Eritrean (?) lamb curry - delicious!

a couple of the vendors were still setting up, we will go back!

(i would have liked to see more local beers available, i'm hoping that will come with time)

Posted (edited)

Went today at lunch, had some lovely pork gyros. Was very busy but got a table straight away.  Lovely pint of Neck Oil too. 

The website app thing worked fine on EE on my wife's phone but on both my phones (Three and Vodafone) there didn't seem to be a decent signal in the building, so just a heads up, as there was no obvious public WiFi to connect to. 

Oh and I could literally see the old John Lewis building from the table so to state this isn't in the city centre is a total nonsense. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

11 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Went today at lunch, had some lovely pork gyros. Was very busy but got a table straight away.  Lovely pint of Neck Oil too. 

The website app thing worked fine on EE on my wife's phone but on both my phones (Three and Vodafone) there didn't seem to be a decent signal in the building, so just a heads up, as there was no obvious public WiFi to connect to. 

Oh and I could literally see the old John Lewis building from the table so to state this isn't in the city centre is a total nonsense. 

nobody said the Cambridge collective wasnt in the centre??

12 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Let's be fair to ab6262, their ludicrous statement from page 4 was only referring to Kommune & Sheffield Plate, not CSC:

On 23/05/2024 at 18:51, ECCOnoob said:

Oh really. 

Cutleryworks[...]

Kommune[...]

Sheffield Plate[...}

On 24/05/2024 at 11:28, ab6262 said:

none of these are city centre and wont have the rates or high rentals to pay, we will see!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

CSC FreeWifi was up and running when I was there 

Just been to Cambridge Collective (which isn’t on Cambridge St) with my lad for a late lunch. Found it quite poor, overpriced and tiny portions. 

I had a slice of Detroit pizza for £8. It was tiny and tasted exactly the same as Greggs pizza whose sliced are much bigger. 

My lad had a burger and fries which he said was ok but small, and cost £14. 

We ate up and went to Wetherspoons around the corner and each had a burger & pint meal deal to fill us up. 

Won’t be going back. 

26 minutes ago, WarPig said:

I had a slice of Detroit pizza for £8. It was tiny and tasted exactly the same as Greggs pizza whose sliced are much bigger. 

A slice of pizza for £8? That's Wembley prices. Did you watch a match after?

16 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Does anyone know how much rent they are paying for a stall/shop?

And who owns it?

It's an important question for the matter of prices.

based purely on the price of a tiny slice of pizza I’d say they are paying about £1,000,000 per day for rent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3