Cambridge Street Collective

10 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I think the council own it, but it is operated overall by Blend (the people behind the Milestone Group and Cutlery Works).

Not sure on pitch prices, but it must be worth it to attract the tenants from other locations and be so oversubscribed in terms of occupancy.

I'd need to see the portions of course, but £14 for a burger and fries is about right nowadays. The pizza slice at £8 I'd need to see though!

I must have got used to cheaper prices. Pizzas and all western food here is expensive. I get this from a little independent shop near me (in the city centre) and it is 160 kuai (£3.89).

To put into price perspective, a Big Mac meal here is 140 kuai (£3.40). Wages are of course lower. McD pay 360 an hour (£8.74)

(btw great that SF can now post pictures - a long time coming)

IMG_QTpizza.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I must have got used to cheaper prices. Pizzas and all western food here is expensive. I get this from a little independent shop near me (in the city centre) and it is 160 kuai (£3.89).

To put into price perspective, a Big Mac meal here is 140 kuai (£3.40). Wages are of course lower. McD pay 360 an hour (£8.74)

IMG_QTpizza.jpg

is that some kind of special seasoning in the dealers bag😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed if I paid 8 quid and that arrived. 

You think it's table service? 

Well I've got some bad news for you.... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

IMG_QTpizza.jpg

It is all relative though, isn’t it? A Big Mac meal here is quickly closing in on a tenner nowadays(!).

51 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You think it's table service? 

Well I've got some bad news for you.... 

That is one of the most disappointing things about the place, for me. It really should have table service.

23 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Looks decent enough.   I don't know what sort of expectations people are going into this place with. 

Yes, you could get a slice of pizza from Greggs for £2.40 but it's mass-produced frozen and reheated stuff that's been travelled on the back of a truck across half the country.  

But it tasted exactly the same as a Greggs pizza slice, no difference at all but was much smaller, also the topping layer was wafer thin. Complete rip off especially when other independent wood fired stone baked pizza sellers sell whole pizzas cooked to order for around £10 which taste so much better.

I've been twice now . First time on Saturday afternoon it was absolutely rammed with not a seat to be had and quite a que for the bars and most food stalls . Only had a one drink sat outside the top floor bar . Unfortunately they ran out of lager , so we decided to move on to the Furnace Bar around the corner . 
Been back today and it was much easier to get seats. Had a lovely Giros and chips from one of the outlets and a couple of pints .

It was really noticeable today that there were a lot of families in there . There also that new playpark across from it which looked really full .

i personally think that end of town as transformed beyond recognition  it in the last few years . Credit where credit is due the  council are gradually making a fantastic transformation in that area

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, WarPig said:

But it tasted exactly the same as a Greggs pizza slice, no difference at all but was much smaller, also the topping layer was wafer thin. Complete rip off especially when other independent wood fired stone baked pizza sellers sell whole pizzas cooked to order for around £10 which taste so much better.

Wasn't it Detroit-style pizza? That is supposed to have thick, baked, fluffy base and thinner layer of toppings?! You can't compare Detroit-style with wood-fired, stone-baked. They are two seperate styles of cooking pizza.

You can't really get decent wood-fired stone-baked pizza for less than about £15, in my opinion (happy to hear where does it well for cheaper though - I love to try pizza!). 

pizza yes GIF

53 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wasn't it Detroit-style pizza? That is supposed to have thick, baked, fluffy base and thinner layer of toppings?! You can't compare Detroit-style with wood-fired, stone-baked. They are two seperate styles of cooking pizza.

You can't really get decent wood-fired stone-baked pizza for less than about £15, in my opinion (happy to hear where does it well for cheaper though - I love to try pizza!). 

pizza yes GIF

Yes, Detroit pizza are thick base, just like Greggs pizza slakes which are bigger, taste exactly the same, and cost about £2. My point being I expected Cambridge Collective pizza to be at least a bit better than Greggs, but it wasn't.

Fiery Dough Wood Fired Pizza van pitches up at various locations in Sheffield and does nice pizzas, I went to them at the Cross Scythes pub on Derbyshire Lane the other day, I paid £11 for a whole pizza freshly cooked and the pub allow you to eat it inside, so I did, with a pint. They are on Facebook where they post where they are going to be.

• Thanks 1