Cambridge Street Collective

49 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Does anyone know how much rent they are paying for a stall/shop?

And who owns it?

It's an important question for the matter of prices.

I think the council own it, but it is operated overall by Blend (the people behind the Milestone Group and Cutlery Works).

Not sure on pitch prices, but it must be worth it to attract the tenants from other locations and be so oversubscribed in terms of occupancy.

I'd need to see the portions of course, but £14 for a burger and fries is about right nowadays. The pizza slice at £8 I'd need to see though!

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Does anyone know how much rent they are paying for a stall/shop?

And who owns it?

It's an important question for the matter of prices.

Several years ago I was dealing with a food company who had a 'stall' in a food market in Stockport. They were paying a percentage of their net turnover to the landlord. I think it was 17%. I would imagine that there was a minimum they had to pay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarPig said:

Here it is next to a tall pint glass..

IMG_9332.thumb.JPG.dc840d92c52807655b358583c4cd0f91.JPG

Looks decent enough.   I don't know what sort of expectations people are going into this place with. 

Yes, you could get a slice of pizza from Greggs for £2.40 but it's mass-produced frozen and reheated stuff that's been travelled on the back of a truck across half the country.  

Millions of people each day don't bat an eyelid about paying £4 plus for a coffee from Starbucks.

Is it really so outrageous to expect to pay £8 for a fresh made pizza slice or £12-£14 for a main course from a independent trader in a upmarket food hall right in the prime location of the city centre. 

I wonder how many of those grumbling about the prices are the same type of people who are constantly moaning why Sheffield never gets any 'quality stores' or why Leeds and Manchester always seem to get the premium brands and the fancy bars and the hottest restaurants whilst we get left with 'the tat' and 'cheap' stuff.....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I wouldn't eat that if it was 8 pence.

Oh, I don't know. I'd probably stretch to 80p

Though to be fair I'm far too tight to eat out anyway.  Those who do must be absolutely loaded.

Edited by Martin C

1 hour ago, Martin C said:

Oh, I don't know. I'd probably stretch to 80p

Though to be fair I'm far too tight to eat out anyway.  Those who do must be absolutely loaded.

I like to eat out but not rubbish like that