Doctors Issue Warning As One Of The Most Deadly Cancers Is On The Rise In The Uk

The world’s first personalised mRNA cancer jab for melanoma is being tested in British patients.

The “gamechanger” jab – which also has the potential to stop lung, bladder and kidney cancer – is custom-built for each person in just a few weeks, and works by signalling the body to hunt down cancer cells and prevent them coming back. This is phase three of the trial, led by University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), and researchers believe it offers hope of a cure.

Melanoma is the fifth most common cancer in the UK, with one of the highest mortality rates. According to Cancer Research UK, around 16,700 people are diagnosed every year, and the charity has warned these numbers could increase by over 50% in the next two decades.

So, why is melanoma rising in the UK, and what else do you need to know about it?

Melanoma starts in our melanocytes – the cells which produce melanin, the pigment that gives skin its colour and helps protect us from UV radiation – and occurs when abnormal cells spread uncontrollably. Key symptoms include new abnormal moles, and existing moles that are changing.

These changes don’t always mean you have cancer, and it’s important to remember some melanomas won’t have all of these characteristics – especially on black and darker skin tones. But anything that’s unusual or changing should be checked out.

Surgery is the main treatment for melanoma, which is easier if it’s caught early. Sometimes chemotherapy, radiotherapy and drugs are also required.

Why is melanoma on the rise?

Dr Susan Mayou, consultant dermatologist at the Cadogan Clinic, says dermatologists are “definitely diagnosing more cases of melanoma” than in any previous year.

Your thoughts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/melanoma-cancer-jab-test-skin-b2537058.html

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The world’s first personalised mRNA cancer jab for melanoma is being tested in British patients.

The “gamechanger” jab – which also has the potential to stop lung, bladder and kidney cancer – is custom-built for each person in just a few weeks, and works by signalling the body to hunt down cancer cells and prevent them coming back. This is phase three of the trial, led by University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), and researchers believe it offers hope of a cure.

Melanoma is the fifth most common cancer in the UK, with one of the highest mortality rates. According to Cancer Research UK, around 16,700 people are diagnosed every year, and the charity has warned these numbers could increase by over 50% in the next two decades.

So, why is melanoma rising in the UK, and what else do you need to know about it?

Melanoma starts in our melanocytes – the cells which produce melanin, the pigment that gives skin its colour and helps protect us from UV radiation – and occurs when abnormal cells spread uncontrollably. Key symptoms include new abnormal moles, and existing moles that are changing.

These changes don’t always mean you have cancer, and it’s important to remember some melanomas won’t have all of these characteristics – especially on black and darker skin tones. But anything that’s unusual or changing should be checked out.

Surgery is the main treatment for melanoma, which is easier if it’s caught early. Sometimes chemotherapy, radiotherapy and drugs are also required.

Dr Susan Mayou, consultant dermatologist at the Cadogan Clinic, says dermatologists are “definitely diagnosing more cases of melanoma” than in any previous year.

Your thoughts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/melanoma-cancer-jab-test-skin-b2537058.html

Hope it works - our lass has had a melonoma on her foot last September - was removed pronto but we're still awaiting results from her latest scan.

Could be a game changer  like the covid vaccine.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

I suspect it might have something to do with the start of people holidaying abroad from the 1960s / 70s onwards. Those youngsters will probably be hitting old age now when cancers become more common. 

I first went to spain when I was 18 about 1970. Blazing hot sun, desperate to get a tan so lots of sunbathing, no sun screen, just oil and lemon juice! My white skin went bright red, then turned a lovely shade of brown. I was so pleased...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

I suspect it might have something to do with the start of people holidaying abroad from the 1960s / 70s onwards. Those youngsters will probably be hitting old age now when cancers become more common. 

I first went to spain when I was 18 about 1970. Blazing hot sun, desperate to get a tan so lots of sunbathing, no sun screen, just oil and lemon juice! My white skin went bright red, then turned a lovely shade of brown. I was so pleased...

I’ve always avoided the sun and sun bathing not because I was frightened of cancer but because I used to burn very easily, as it is happens I’m very fair skinned and would be very vulnerable to skin cancers. I was also ignorant of sun block cream so just avoided the sun altogether. I was always embarrassed by my milk bottle coloured white skin. Looks like I may have inadvertently dodged a bullet. Time will tell

• Like 2

@The_Daddy

My thoughts are that the development of MRNA jabs which were instrumental in the rapid rollout of the Covid vaccine will continue to present other benefits as R&D continues.

On this subject what are your thoughts given your previous assertions that such vaccines are experimental and damaging?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RJRB said:

@The_Daddy

My thoughts are that the development of MRNA jabs which were instrumental in the rapid rollout of the Covid vaccine will continue to present other benefits as R&D continues.

On this subject what are your thoughts given your previous assertions that such vaccines are experimental and damaging?

Seeing as the covid jabs WERE experimental and damaging I'd probably give these a swerve too. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RJRB said:

@The_Daddy

I have to agree with Daddy. The Astrazenica vaccine is now hitting the headlines because it caused blood clots - maybe not in everyone but more than they will ever let on. It's going to become another scandal on the scale of theinfected blood transfusion debacle of the 70s which is still ongoing. 

The biggest mistake was refusing to tell people the truth at the time, and covering up anyone trying to get the message out including doctors. 

The tragedy is it could have been avoided with the adminstration of a simple D dimer test before the covid injection which would have identified people who were susceptable to blood clots and could therefore make their own decision. 

I lost two relatives, a father and son, to blood clots in 2021 following the injections. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I have to agree with Daddy. The Astrazenica vaccine is now hitting the headlines because it caused blood clots - maybe not in everyone but more than they will ever let on. It's going to become another scandal on the scale of theinfected blood transfusion debacle of the 70s which is still ongoing. 

The biggest mistake was refusing to tell people the truth at the time, and covering up anyone trying to get the message out including doctors. 

The tragedy is it could have been avoided with the adminstration of a simple D dimer test before the covid injection which would have identified people who were susceptable to blood clots and could therefore make their own decision. 

I lost two relatives, a father and son, to blood clots in 2021 following the injections. 

....and that was specifically named in the death certificates as directly causing or contributing to the deaths?

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I know a lady who had a blood clot in her arm which went to her heart after having the Astrazeneca vaccine, she was in hospital for a few weeks. She blamed the vaccine.