Fda Chief Says Agency Is Preparing For Bird Flu Pandemic

I think most of it is propaganda 🤔 Look at what Edwina curry did with the egg scare murdered millions of chickens for sod all when people are starving all over the world? And mad cow disease I never stopped eating beef and it was available at a very much reduced price so stop scaremongering and get on with life ....you only get once chance !

10 hours ago, gaz678 said:

I think most of it is propaganda 🤔 Look at what Edwina curry did with the egg scare murdered millions of chickens for sod all when people are starving all over the world? And mad cow disease I never stopped eating beef and it was available at a very much reduced price so stop scaremongering and get on with life ....you only get once chance !

Two cows in a field.

One says to the other...

" You worried about that mad cows disease?"

" Don't ask me I'm an elephant " replied the other.

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Two cows in a field.

One says to the other...

Very funny 😁 

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Two cows in a field.

One says to the other...

Bell end !

On 11/05/2024 at 21:26, Longcol said:

Been an outbreak of avian flu here in France since last summer at least - you don't see the flocks of geese and ducks  outdoors any more.

Doesn't seem to have affected sales of foie gras, duck etc - eat duck weekly myself. No scares round here about it crossing over to humans.

Big outbreaks over here in wild bird colonies too.

Is the rearing of cattle in France less intensive than The US?
One of the great fears is that Avian Flu (particularly H5N1) becomes endemic in US cattle, which gives the virus a far greater chance of mutating to a form which is infectious between humans. I think this is one of the drivers for more preparations.
I hope whatever we do here works better than HMG preparations following  Exercise Cygnus
This is an article in Nature, but it might be behind a paywall; I'm struggling to get archive.ph or similar to show it at the moment
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-024-01333-9

I think archive.org has it in full, but it sometimes times out
https://web.archive.org/web/20240510230015/https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-024-01333-9

11 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Big outbreaks over here in wild bird colonies too.

Is the rearing of cattle in France less intensive than The US?

Never been to the US.

Farm next door to us usually has one bull, 24 cows and a dozen calves. Must roam an area of a couple of dozen footy pitches minimum.

Also usually (probably returning soon) a dozen or so cattle egrets amongst the herd - getting to be common in the S of England as well I understand.