9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Layout looks much better than before.

I had some problems getting back the T&Cs though on Chrome.  Despite pressing "agree" and accepting the cookies, it wouldn't progress.

I miss the old "join date" on the avatars though.

Think you must be the longest standing member still regularly contributing to SF. 

Always though join date was useful to see if new members had eg read the thread up until when they joined rather than making a point already made / dealt with,  Didn't we used to have a members list that could be sorted by join date, number of posts etc?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Think you must be the longest standing member still regularly contributing to SF. 

Always though join date was useful to see if new members had eg read the thread up until when they joined rather than making a point already made / dealt with,  Didn't we used to have a members list that could be sorted by join date, number of posts etc?

Not quite what you mean, but there is the Leaderboard

13 hours ago, aardvark6535 said:

Am I being Censored or is there something wrong, I can't access the Covid thread?

Some of the longest threads - Covid, Labour Party, Conservative Party, Calais Boat People - have disappeared.

Whether deliberate policy, just temporary, software glitch etc (eg up until about 4 years ago a thread could only handle a couple of hundred pages), I'm sure all will be revealed pretty soon.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Not quite what you mean, but there is the Leaderboard

No - nothing like that. Pretty sure there used to be a list of members searchable by number of posts (Patty and Cressy were usually at the top), join date (founder Geoff was number 1 AFAIK) etc.

Can we have a forum historian badge🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Some of the longest threads - Covid, Labour Party, Conservative Party, Calais Boat People - have disappeared.

Whether deliberate policy, just temporary, software glitch etc (eg up until about 4 years ago a thread could only handle a couple of hundred pages), I'm sure all will be revealed pretty soon.

Long threads is partly a reason, but the political stuff is addressed here:

The Covid thread just became cyclical arguments going over the same things over and over and ended up with daily arguments and numerous reports. It felt like it's time was done. If something new and unique comes up, fair enough, but I'm not keen on repeating that cycle all over again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

The Covid thread just became cyclical arguments going over the same things over and over and ended up with daily arguments and numerous reports. It felt like it's time was done. If something new and unique comes up, fair enough, but I'm not keen on repeating that cycle all over again.

Thanks - prompt response appreciated as always.

12 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - nothing like that. Pretty sure there used to be a list of members searchable by number of posts (Patty and Cressy were usually at the top), join date (founder Geoff was number 1 AFAIK) etc.

Can we have a forum historian badge🙂

I think that might have been the forum's old original software?

I like the idea of badges based on join date, etc - I'll look at it (not sure the software can do it like that, but I'll see).

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

I think that might have been the forum's old original software?

Dunno - think it disappeared around the same time as threads could bust the 200? pages limit c2021, Some of the old mods who still visit would know better than me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

there used to be an option to post count on threads, to see  how many posts a poster made on a thread, one poster made way over 1,000 in the original covid thread it was certainly same old, same old roundabout,  i'll not be missing the Covid threads too much😂