1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

I’ve just watched this when the MP Craig Mackinlay who had his hands and feet amputated last year because of sepsis receive a standing ovation from all parties when he entered the House of Commons for the first time since his operation.  For a few minutes the general election was forgotten and all parties appeared to come together praising him.

What a brave man and enjoyed his speech. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Funniest thing I've heard today was the news on the radio about the general election... why?

"The Conservatives will push ahead with the Rwanda deal regardless, etc.."

"The Labour party doesn't think the Conservatives will stick to the Rwanda deal"

Okay.... so what are the Labour party's goals?
I've noticed this the last few years, Labour never really state what they want to do, they just call everyone else's policy's garbage without going into detail about what they would do differently... it's almost as if they don't know what they're doing.

I think Labours plans / solutions are more nuanced and complex, therefore not easily explained in a soundbite. In interviews they are constantly interrupted before they can make their case. 

The Tories in contrast treat the voters like idiots and feed them with what they want to hear with no intention of carrying it out. They excel at the catchy, easily remembered, phrases delivered with enough confidence to gul the public. 

The problems we have are complicated and entangled. They will not be easily solved, but at least I believe Labour will try.

24 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think Labours plans / solutions are more nuanced and complex, therefore not easily explained in a soundbite. In interviews they are constantly interrupted before they can make their case. 

The Tories in contrast treat the voters like idiots and feed them with what they want to hear with no intention of carrying it out. They excel at the catchy, easily remembered, phrases delivered with enough confidence to gul the public. 

The problems we have are complicated and entangled. They will not be easily solved, but at least I believe Labour will try.

Watch Bridget (smug face) Williamson on Question Time and then tell me one answer she gave to any of the questions. Please .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Watch Bridget (smug face) Williamson on Question Time and then tell me one answer she gave to any of the questions. Please .

Bridget (smug faced ) Phillipson .  We really need the edit facility back . 

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Nuanced and complex they may be — but as a marketing professional I will say that you will grind that down into easy to manage chunks and sound bites, whoever the client is.

They’ve had a LONG time to strategise, knowing an election is coming this year. Long ago, they’ll have prepared their messaging, slogans and sound bites to hit.

It is no coincidence that as soon as the election was called Labour activists were holding up ‘Change’ signs (‘Time to change’ or variants thereof).

This election was planned — by all parties — for months, if not years. The data and strategists going into it are incredible. the marketing of it has been designed for a long time.

8 hours ago, hackey lad said:

She could've always made a few emoji faces Hacks

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Nuanced and complex they may be — but as a marketing professional I will say that you will grind that down into easy to manage chunks and sound bites, whoever the client is.

They’ve had a LONG time to strategise, knowing an election is coming this year. Long ago, they’ll have prepared their messaging, slogans and sound bites to hit.

It is no coincidence that as soon as the election was called Labour activists were holding up ‘Change’ signs (‘Time to change’ or variants thereof).

This election was planned — by all parties — for months, if not years. The data and strategists going into it are incredible. the marketing of it has been designed for a long time.

Yes, you have a point. But my point still stands I think.

Labour's plans will be inspected forensically for flaws /'lies' Tories can exploit. Labour will spend most of its time trying to defend itself, which is ironic considering they haven't been in power for 14 years, and yet the Tory **** ups of the last few years will be mostly forgotten / glossed over. Tories have form for this, very experienced at it, and makes them look as if they are on top of things. They're not

Meanwhile, Labour will no doubt have it all down in writing, and be urging people to read it. But How many people do you think actually read manifestoes?

• Like 1