1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Interesting that generally the Tories havent gained any ground in the latest polls, and in Scotland labour have now over took the SNP

I wonder if the Scots. believe they'll get another referendum if Labour win.

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

Latest (daily) dog whistle policy from Sunak on OAP payments...Silly little man.

I'd urge all pensioners (I'm 68) to consider their kids', grandkids' and great-grandkids' futures.

Where should money go?  Education, NHS, environment, law and order.

Yes, look after struggling pensioners, and all communities, but invest in our future.  Youngsters who experienced lockdown have been massively disadvantaged.

Let's make amends.

I agree .Sunak said he was looking after those who had a long working life.So those in a position to do so should not be totally reliant on the State Pension which is not sufficient for most to maintain a good standard of living 

The beneficiaries will mainly be those who only have the state pension.

I have never understood why people were allowed to draw money out of their pension pots with the inevitable result that some will live for today and expect state support in the future  

9 minutes ago, Derby said:

How do you know Diane Abbott is lying? Something must have been said to Diane Abbott to lead her to believe she will not be the Labour candidate for the seat she has occupied for a long time. Mr Starmer looked shifty when giving the answer and he hasn't shown good leadership over the time Abbottgate has rumbled on.  It's been reported the Labour investigation about Diane Abbott ended in December 2023 and Mr Starmer stated only a few weeks ago the investigation hadn't been concluded. The timing of Diane Abbott having the whip reinstated coincides with the election campaign and she will be a useful campaigner for them.  But it looks like Diane Abbott is only considered to be a useful  Labour campaigner and not a useful Labour MP.  It's  looking like Mr Starmer has been less than honest with his statements about Diane Abbott.  What other things is Mr Starmer being less than honest about?

Abbott texted a bbc reporter within hours of having the whip reinstated.

Why would she do that if not to make herself out as a victim and to undermine Labour. What gain is there for her

Why would she accept the whip back if she knew she wasn’t going to be the candidate (have any been named yet?)

if she knew she wasn’t going to be the candidate why not refuse the whip and stand as an independent. Given she has been the mp there for years she would probably win.

instead she is choosing to play a card of ‘you have to make me the candidate now  or Labour will look bad for giving me the whip but not letting me be an mp’ but stating that she has been ‘banned’ (again have any candidates been selected yet?)mis causing trouble for the party she claims to love and she knows it.

Regardless who is lying this is taking away focus from labour’s campaign. Starmer is now in a no win situation and Abbott knows that. 

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

Latest (daily) dog whistle policy from Sunak on OAP payments...Silly little man.

I'd urge all pensioners (I'm 68) to consider their kids', grandkids' and great-grandkids' futures.

Where should money go?  Education, NHS, environment, law and order.

Yes, look after struggling pensioners, and all communities, but invest in our future.  Youngsters who experienced lockdown have been massively disadvantaged.

Let's make amends.

I haven't heard what Sunak has 'promised' pensioners, but let me guess - maintain tripple lock, increases etc etc etc...  And you believe him? Have you learned nothing about the modus operandi of the Tory party; promise the earth, get elected, then forget all about it. 

I realise you are advocating more for youngsters instead, and I agree they are the future,  but which party has done more to promote egalitarianism and means for youngsters to get on in life? All the help like good healthcare, free higher education, 'sure-start' for babies and younger children, proper apprenticeships into secure well paid jobs, and secure affordable housing, and myriad other benefits to help build equality and a chance for all, was put in place by the Labour party.

And then steadily dismantled by 14 years of the Tories, and theirTory 'austerity' cuts, (yet taxes have risen to their highest ever level, and the national debt has gone trippled.) Where has the money gone? If you need a clue, the wealthiest of the wealthy are now considerably wealthier than they were, and pay less tax. Multi millionaire Sunak (worth £730 million) paid tax at a rate of 0.5%

Do you really think the Tories have had a change of heart and are ever going to restore these things?  Or will they continue to bluster and promise, while quietly syphoning money into the back pockets of the super rich.  

8 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Abbott texted a bbc reporter within hours of having the whip reinstated.

Why would she do that if not to make herself out as a victim and to undermine Labour. What gain is there for her

Why would she accept the whip back if she knew she wasn’t going to be the candidate (have any been named yet?)

if she knew she wasn’t going to be the candidate why not refuse the whip and stand as an independent. Given she has been the mp there for years she would probably win.

instead she is choosing to play a card of ‘you have to make me the candidate now  or Labour will look bad for giving me the whip but not letting me be an mp’ but stating that she has been ‘banned’ (again have any candidates been selected yet?)mis causing trouble for the party she claims to love and she knows it.

Regardless who is lying this is taking away focus from labour’s campaign. Starmer is now in a no win situation and Abbott knows that. 

The whole saga has thrown a spanner into the works of the Labour campaign.  Mr Starmer is to blame for the backlash.  Diane Abbott could be vindictive and join Mr Galloway's party.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean by your birth right. You're  not landed gentry are you?

You are free to choose which party you support, just make sure it's an informed choice and you vote for all the right reasons, which alters person to person. 

What I object to is forelock tugging plebs who think that voting Tory somehow elevates them.

It doesn't.

Come on Anna, you are better than that, surprised at you there.

30 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wonder if the Scots. believe they'll get another referendum if Labour win.

nah i think its as simple as they say in the video, the SNP have made a pigs ear of it, Yousef changing tact on climate stuff, the Greens leave a pact and SNP change leader again, and in the background theres still the stuff with Sturgons Husband being arrested etc.

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I haven't heard what Sunak has 'promised' pensioners, but let me guess - maintain tripple lock, increases etc etc etc... 

Its now a triple lock+ lol

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thus securing it . 

No doubt you’ll have you own triple lock on election night.  A couple of paramedics outside your house, a hotline to the Samaritans and a cyanide capsule?