1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody Fantasy GIF by Queen

it'll always funnel its way back to them, prime example the Entertainment and Gambling Companies that leached into Labour pre-election all those lovely freebies starmer enjoyed, all that happened is we switched out one blue set of servants to the privileged, to a red set.

Ordinary Man, Woman on the streets will benefit no better however much they get, there is always a hidden way to squeeze it back.

Blimey.

Would you like a hug?

😁

17 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Blimey.

Would you like a hug?

😁

I can’t understand why a guy who came from a council estate like I did not wanting the people  off the same estate to  earn  a good living. They may have fell for the last Five prim ministers  But I bet most have seen the light now  ,  

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Blimey.

Would you like a hug?

😁

Thanks but No, I'm not really a hugger (autoimmune compromised)👍

It takes a bit more than some empty rhetoric to be a believable future, or will it'll be a bit of boom then bust.

Labours already set the excuses.

Headline in the Telegraph 
‘There is no magic money tree’, Starmer tells cash-strapped councils.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/28/keir-starmer-no-magic-money-tree-local-councils-lga/

Labour has no sign of robust anti poverty policy.

not lifting  the 2 childrens benefit cap, 361 Labour MPs voted against it, Reeves & Co are expecting parents to work their way out of poverty.

The elite will always take care of their own whether Red or Blue they just change colour like a chameleon, no expectations that the current incumbents will do just as nicely as their predecessors.  

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/central-suffolk-north-ipswich-labour-conservative-donors-selected-kevin-craig-patrick-spencer/

history repeat, who won under New Labour?

Blair rich

Or

U.K

Odds  in 10 yrs,  our gold reserves will have dwindled again.

26 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Thanks but No, I'm not really a hugger (autoimmune compromised)👍

It takes a bit more than some empty rhetoric to be a believable future, or will it'll be a bit of boom then bust.

Labours already set the excuses.

Headline in the Telegraph 
‘There is no magic money tree’, Starmer tells cash-strapped councils.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/03/28/keir-starmer-no-magic-money-tree-local-councils-lga/

Labour has no sign of robust anti poverty policy.

not lifting  the 2 childrens benefit cap, 361 Labour MPs voted against it, Reeves & Co are expecting parents to work their way out of poverty.

The elite will always take care of their own whether Red or Blue they just change colour like a chameleon, no expectations that the current incumbents will do just as nicely as their predecessors.  

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/central-suffolk-north-ipswich-labour-conservative-donors-selected-kevin-craig-patrick-spencer/

history repeat, who won under New Labour?

Blair rich

Or

U.K

Odds  in 10 yrs,  our gold reserves will have dwindled again.

Let’s face . You can look at the state off the country which ever way you like. It’s in a mess. And if the last government had got in again it would be Hunt carrying on making everything private  Share holders skimming off the top . And getting  even richer  . I for myself don’t want that When I was in the job I did , You got a man who worked in the firms of office cutting  low prices. While running about in a firms car and on a good wage . And. Probably getting a bonus for cutting our prices , while we built all the houses   .  Don’t bother answering this as most on here no nothing about it ! 

2 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Let’s face . You can look at the state off the country which ever way you like. It’s in a mess. And if the last government had got in again it would be Hunt carrying on making everything private  Share holders skimming off the top . And getting  even richer  . I for myself don’t want that When I was in the job I did , You got a man who worked in the firms of office cutting  low prices. While running about in a firms car and on a good wage . And. Probably getting a bonus for cutting our prices , while we built all the houses   .  Don’t bother answering this as most on here no nothing about it ! 

Ah diddums.  Why didn't you choose to elevate yourself, retrain, reskill, seek further qualifications and advance to get yourself into that position you seemingly are so jealous of.    You know "do something about it" as you so eloquently say yourself. 

Yes yes businesses need the hard graft of the workers but that's the job they are paid to do and the job they sign up for.  Dont like it, change.  Look for something else. Prove your worth...   

Just dont  forget its those bosses and leaders who keep the company running, the operations, the strategy, the finances, the payroll flowing.   Its those "rich" owners and directors and shareholders who put their necks on the line, take their risks and put their own money into a forming, developing or investing into a business to bankroll its workers to be paid, keep the lights on,  purchase supplies, purchase equipment, buy/rent the premises.....   Damn right they are going to keep "skimming off the top" its their money.  Its their profit. 

Its those private businesses shareholdings who contribute to our economy, contribute to the public purse, contribute to many of our major infrastructure, contribute to many of our pension schemes.... Its those private businesses and enterprises that keeps this tiny island on the global stage in the ever competitive global markets.   All a damn sight more than a large majority of our our overprotected, wasteful, incompetent and inefficient public sector. 

• Like 1

Its those private businesses shareholdings who contribute to our economy, contribute to the public purse, contribute to many of our major infrastructure, contribute to many of our pension schemes.... Its those private businesses and enterprises that keeps this tiny island on the global stage in the ever competitive global markets.   All a damn sight more than a large majority of our our overprotected, wasteful, incompetent and inefficient public sector. 

It's true.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Ah diddums.  Why didn't you choose to elevate yourself, retrain, reskill, seek further qualifications and advance to get yourself into that position you seemingly are so jealous of.    You know "do something about it" as you so eloquently say yourself. 

Yes yes businesses need the hard graft of the workers but that's the job they are paid to do and the job they sign up for.  Dont like it, change.  Look for something else. Prove your worth...   

Just dont  forget its those bosses and leaders who keep the company running, the operations, the strategy, the finances, the payroll flowing.   Its those "rich" owners and directors and shareholders who put their necks on the line, take their risks and put their own money into a forming, developing or investing into a business to bankroll its workers to be paid, keep the lights on,  purchase supplies, purchase equipment, buy/rent the premises.....   Damn right they are going to keep "skimming off the top" its their money.  Its their profit. 

You live in a different world to me . When I left school  from secondary modern I was like thousands off others in late 1950s  Things were very different than today I loved hard work . So  went doing a job I enjoyed  I could earn slots  more money than steel workers. Miners ! Shop workers and the rest . But when the lean times came . The firms cut there prices  by then I had two children to young for wife to work  If you are under 60 you have not got a clue  how the times were then. But I suppose I will get all the crap conservatives spout  It given you a opening