1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

This thread would probably be 199 pages long if a Labour PM would have done what Sunak did yesterday. It beggars belief that our PM left a D-Day ceremony to pre-record an interview doubling down on a lie he’d told earlier in the week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

This thread would probably be 199 pages long if a Labour PM would have done what Sunak did yesterday. It beggars belief that our PM left a D-Day ceremony to pre-record an interview doubling down on a lie he’d told earlier in the week.

Imagine, if we were in a parallel universe and PM Corbyn had tried to dodge going and then sneaked off early.

28 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Imagine, if we were in a parallel universe and PM Corbyn had tried to dodge going and then sneaked off early.

In a parallel universe Corbyn would have sacked off the event in Normandy to attend an IRA ceremony commemorating their collusion with the Nazi's in WW2.

8 minutes ago, geared said:

In a parallel universe Corbyn would have sacked off the event in Normandy to attend an IRA ceremony commemorating their collusion with the Nazi's in WW2.

Sunak tried to sack the whole thing off.

It is quite an extraordinary error of judgement 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, geared said:

Whereas in the real world;
image.png.6c5322ec31e955a3f9d3c8062ba0282c.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Sunak tried to sack the whole thing off.

It is quite an extraordinary error of judgement 

I haven’t seen any news . Did he really do this and who reported it ? 

47 minutes ago, geared said:

Which ceremony would that be ? 

33 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I haven’t seen any news . Did he really do this and who reported it ? 

All over the place to be honest; Here's one of several telegraph articles
Senior Tory says Sunak leaving D-Day event for interview was ‘political malpractice’

Rishi Sunak’s decision to miss an international D-Day 80th anniversary ceremony for a TV interview was “political malpractice of the highest order,” a senior Tory has said.
Tim Montgomerie, founder of Conservative Home, said he was “flabbergasted” by the Prime Minister’s decision to sit down with ITV to defend his claims about Sir Keir Starmer’s tax plans after leaving commemoration events in France before a gathering of world leaders on Omaha Beach.
“I think it’s political malpractice of the highest order if Rishi Sunak absented himself for an election interview. It’s not dignified. It’s not the right thing to do at a fundamental level,” Mr Montgomerie told the BBC.
Mr Sunak had appeared in Normandy earlier in the day to pay tribute to veterans but returned to Britain before the ceremony was over, while Sir Keir remained alongside Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and the Prince of Wales.
Amid growing criticism from within his own Tory ranks, Mr Sunak took to Twitter to apologise, saying he cared deeply about veterans and had represented the UK at a number of events in Portsmouth and France over the past two days.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Weird that Rishi wants to bring back national service when he couldn't even manage 1 day 🤔 

I'm confused,

The General Election is drawing closer and I'm none the wiser.

I've been following both Rishi and Sir Keir's campaigning, and quite frankly they are boring.

At the last election the Tories won by a landslide and that's because they had the Tory golden boy and all round floppy haired good guy Boris Johnson..

He single handedly dismantled the Labour red wall.

What's gone wrong?

Today you can't land unless the tray table is up, you can't smack your children, you can't smoke in the pub, you can't take shampoo on a plane, you can't climb a ladder unless its secure, you can't eat more than six grams of salt a day, you can't teach your dog to kill a rat, you can't sell food unless you explain on the packet precisely what's in it, and when it must be eaten by, you can't reverse out of your drive without a banksman, you can't go to work unless you have a yellow high-visibility jacket, you can't have an operation if you smoke, you can't tell Irish jokes to your friends, you can't say "ginger beer" on television, you can't talk on your mobile phone in a traffic jam, you can't sit on a coach unless you wearing a seatbelt, and you can't sail a boat if you've had a beer..

Now it's perfectly obvious you can't blow up an airport terminal building either, and that makes sense, but you cannot blow up someone's armbands at municipal swimming pool, which doesn't make sense.. Daft in it!

To be fair Rishi Sunak has never done anything to annoy me, in fact, as far as I can tell, he's never done anything at all.

So why then, has he somehow become public enemy number one.

What the hell has happened?

It must have been something dramatic, because the opinion polls suggest a massive swing in Sir Keir's favour.

Has Sir Keir suddenly decided to abolish taxes and give away a free George Clooney to any woman who buys two books of stamps, or has Rishi announced that he wants to eat anyone who doesn't earn at least £250,000 a year?

I've been checking on google and can find no evidence of either thing.

I did find that a shark had appeared off Cornwall, someone with pretty knickers had left the Big Brother house, and it had stopped raining, and that was about it...

The two leaders aren't doing much to boost their popularity, Sir Keir's been visiting various Towns and Cities where people have been very impressed by his suit, Rishi visited some schools where he was photographed smiling at some children,

Not much to persuade people to change their voting intentions..

Now the awful truth is beginning to dawn, Sir Keir enjoyed a huge leap in the polls because during the recent floods, he put on a nice suit and a serious face, and visited the flood plains to thank the emergency services for doing what they are paid to do..

Meanwhile Rishi has been transformed from golden boy to a splodge on the Tory party's windscreen because instead of standing in a puddle up to his welly tops, he was busy lecturing the country about sending immigrants to Rwanda.

It's all a bit confusing?

What difference does it make if your sofa has just floated out of an upstairs window, why would you think that your life would be improved by a politician posing for pictures in the lake that used to be your front lawn?

How in the name of all that's holy can this possibly be a basis for choosing the next government?

Will labour win the general election because it's leader went to see some fat old crow whose ghastly button-backed DFS furniture got a bit soggy.

And what confuses me most of all though, is that almost all the people I know have either voted Conservative or Labour all their lives, and I've always been led to believe that swings in general elections come down to a tiny number of people on a tiny number of streets in a tiny number of marginal constituencies.

But, plainly this isn't so, there must be millions and millions of people out there who will change their mind about which party to vote for on a hour by hour basis, using only the smallest amount of information on which to base their vote.

It's not Big Brother for crying out loud, it matters, you can't change your mind just because one of the candidates has picked a nice suit.

Choosing who to vote for on this basis could be an unmitigated disaster, think about it, If Ed Davey put on a particularly appealing tie one day we might well end up being governed by the Monster Raving Lunatics.. or, better known as the Liberal Democrats..........