1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Axe said:

He was judged to have made an honest mistake with his tax return and paid what was owed plus a penalty sum.   The gentleman has paid millions in tax over the years making a huge contribution to the treasury.  You should be grateful for him.

So if it was an "honest mistake" why did he threaten journalists who had information about his tax affairs???

Apparently he wrote an autobiography called "The Boy from Baghdad : My Journey from Waziriyah to Westminster".

After he announced his resignation, he wrote on Twitter:

"Every morning as I shave my head in the mirror, I have to pinch myself. How is it that a boy from Baghdad who came to these shores, fleeing persecution and unable to speak a word of English, was able to do as much as I have?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68982016

Oh it's because you're so wonderful Nadhim! - I must recline on my chaise lounge, and gaze dreamily in my hand mirror, at all the money and wealth I have, and laugh at the poor suckers who pay the electricity bill for the wife's horses stables. 

Still the Spectator magazine wasted no time in ripping into him

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/farewell-nadhim-zahawi-you-wont-be-missed/

Edited by Mister M

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So if it was an "honest mistake" why did he threaten journalists who had information about his tax affairs???

Apparently he wrote an autobiography called "The Boy from Baghdad : My Journey from Waziriyah to Westminster".

After he announced his resignation, he wrote on Twitter:

"Every morning as I shave my head in the mirror, I have to pinch myself. How is it that a boy from Baghdad who came to these shores, fleeing persecution and unable to speak a word of English, was able to do as much as I have?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68982016

Oh it's because you're so wonderful Nadhim! - I must recline on my chaise lounge, and gaze dreamily in my hand mirror, at all the money and wealth I have, and laugh at the poor suckers who pay the electricity bill for the wife's horses stables. 

Still the Spectator magazine wasted no time in ripping into him

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/farewell-nadhim-zahawi-you-wont-be-missed/

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder and are jealous of the  great achievements that the boy from Baghdad has made in our country. 

Edited by Axe

1 minute ago, Axe said:

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder and are jealous of the  great achievements that the boy from Baghdad has made in our country. 

If I was going to be jealous of anyone's achievements in politics, it would be those of the 1945-1951 Government, who are regularly honoured for their pioneering vision.

Not everyone is jealous for money and wealth like you are Axe, especially when attached to a figure as preening and ridiculous as Zahawi.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Axe said:

He was judged to have made an honest mistake with his tax return and paid what was owed plus a penalty sum.   The gentleman has paid millions in tax over the years making a huge contribution to the treasury.  You should be grateful for him.

Harry Houdini couldn't have done better. :gag:

21 hours ago, Axe said:

If those two spring into action it will be another fine mess.  Laurel and Hardy spring to mind.  Enough said.

I quite like the idea of Sir Keir and Angie as Batman & Robin.😀

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

There is a new version of the Avengers coming to your screens very soon, Jacob Reese Mog as John Steed and Diane Abbott as Emma Peel. :gag:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

I can picture him as the Dark Knight, Angie/robin must be about  about to burst in and K-pow  King Tut Tut

74756405-0-image-a-10_1693089721362.jpg