1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Has anyone thought about the cause of the Conservative meltdown? Is it just COVID and nothing to see here?

Is it the failed leadership of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss or maybe Sunaks poor leadership?

I would personally blame Johnson and his sacking of the moderate Conservatives.

for me it started with Bojo and partygate, and then scraping the barrel for the following pms, theyve gradually got worse and worse, and they dont seem to understand any of the issues involved.

Edited by melthebell

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

for me it started with Bojo and partygate, and then scraping the barrel for the following pms, theyve gradually got worse and worse, and they dont seem to understand any of the issues involved.

I think partygate was when the dam burst. Up until then, there had been flashpoints such as the realisation of what Covid was, and the news coming out that Johnson missed all those COBRA meetings, then Johnson's dithering over the lockdown before Xmas 2020 etc, then Partygate, Owen Paterson scandal, PPE scandal, the absolute explosion in Government fraud which has quadrupled since 2019. Truss / Kwarteng mini budget. etc etc.

Sunak as a politician just cannot connect with people. I suspect he's not as awkward in real life...But these tics of laughing off things as members of the public talk to him don't help.

I do think there is there is the narrative of Sunak's that isn't helping where he's not even acknowledging the bombsite that are our public services after austerity - yet talks about reducing taxes which help the richest! He's not on the same page as the public.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I think partygate was when the dam burst. Up until then, there had been flashpoints such as the realisation of what Covid was, and the news coming out that Johnson missed all those COBRA meetings, then Johnson's dithering over the lockdown before Xmas 2020 etc, then Partygate, Owen Paterson scandal, PPE scandal, the absolute explosion in Government fraud which has quadrupled since 2019. Truss / Kwarteng mini budget. etc etc.

Sunak as a politician just cannot connect with people. I suspect he's not as awkward in real life...But these tics of laughing off things as members of the public talk to him don't help.

I do think there is there is the narrative of Sunak's that isn't helping where he's not even acknowledging the bombsite that are our public services after austerity - yet talks about reducing taxes which help the richest! He's not on the same page as the public.

all hes doing with all the money hes throwing at the manifesto is trying to buy votes, none of it is workable

Just now, melthebell said:

all hes doing with all the money hes throwing at the manifesto is trying to buy votes, none of it is workable

Exactly. 

There was an article I was reading which was looking at the Tory strategy of focusing on their core vote, and the former Tory Minister Paul Scully confirmed it on Newsnight yesterday, who said the Tories won't appeal to anyone other than their core vote if their the only ones they're talking to.

But as a whole they've broken our public services, they've broken the economy,  but they've games the system to their advantage. 

Absolutely dreadful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

sadly now we all have to suffer him constantly whinging about it, i already see hes got a video waiting to premier on youtube to whinge about it.

Whinging?

Some thug threw a rock/stone at him probably with the intent to do him physical harm.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Whinging?

Some thug threw a rock/stone at him probably with the intent to do him physical harm.

and he'll play the victim for the next 20 years

48 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Has anyone thought about the cause of the Conservative meltdown? Is it just COVID and nothing to see here?

Is it the failed leadership of Boris Johnson, Liz Truss or maybe Sunaks poor leadership?

I would personally blame Johnson and his sacking of the moderate Conservatives.

Johnson’s insistence on a Brexit favouring cabinet planted the seeds for this implosion. He lost so much talent by that action that he ended up scraping the barrel and employing third rate ministers.

There is virtually nobody left in the  parliamentary Tory party of sufficient calibre to run the country. That’s why they’ve failed so badly.

No amount of desperate promises of tax cuts and attacking the poor is going to bridge that gap. Thats why they are toast.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and he'll play the victim for the next 20 years

I'm sure the BBC will invite him on their shows, and canvass his opinions on all matters to make him feel better, and so that he won't cry about the BBC being the liberal metropolitan elite.