1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Wonder if he will stand down as an MP, there's a chance he could lose it anybow

That would be something if he lost his seat....

I think I heard about a week ago that he wants to remain an MP

58 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Labour

Tory. 

Two cheeks of the same backside. 

Meanwhile,

Labour MPs discussed US/UK Brexit trade deal with Trump allies   Independent

Exclusive: Senior Labour MPs were guests at the Heritage Foundation, the USA’s leading right-wing think tank, in Washington DC this week

The Heritage Foundation has earned a reputation for being at the heart of a shift to the right in the Republican Party. 

The Heritage Foundation Sourcewatch

Founded in 1973, The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing think tank.

Its stated mission is to formulate and promote public policies based on the principles of "free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."

It is widely considered one of the world's most influential public policy research institutes. The Foundation wields considerable influence in Washington DC, and enjoyed particular prominence during the Reagan administration. 

The Foundation maintains strong ties with the London Institute of Economic Affairs and the Mont Pelerin Society. [IEA link from Open Democracy]

Remember the IEA; allegedly the ones behind Truss/Kwarteng's budget.
EuropeanPowell @EuropeanPowell   Twitter
Senior Labour MPs were guests at the Heritage Foundation, the USA’s leading rightwing thinktank, in Washington DC this week.
This is where we see the continuity of right-wing libertarianism and 'exit' strategies smoothly taken on board by Labour.

Brexit is a relay race where both Cons and Labour eagerly exchange the baton of vulture capitalism.
It is no coincidence that obscure deregulatory projects like Freeports and SEZs were put forward by Boris Johnson and Shanker Singham (the brains behind Brexit) as the entry point for the Singapore-on-Thames model intended to further separate  the working classes from the asset classes. Divide and conquer.
Sunak's 12 Freeports and 74 SEZs are tax evaders, and money launderers dreams come true, free from the EU's publicly owned ports deemed at odds with the UK economy, this was stated in a Jan 2024 Govt report on the REUL bill.👇🏻👀
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65ba2e3ae9e10a000d031140/retained_eu_law_parliamentary_report_june_2023_december_2023.pdf
Two days before leaving the EU the Dept for International Trade tweeted that it would be developing ambitious new Freeports to ensure towns and cities across the UK would begin to benefit from post-Brexit trade opportunities, free of regulation, free from taxation, a goldmine for venture capitalists, private equity, big pharma/agri/tech/tobacco/healthcare
Sarah Elliott, head of the US unit at Legatum and wife of Matthew Elliot (a key figure in the Leave Campaign) who was also present at Labours meeting with the right wing thinktank The Heritage Foundation, added that Labour are “definitely putting an olive branch out and showing an openness to work with Republicans.”
'The much coveted US trade deal would be a major victory for a Keir Starmer government if Labour could succeed where the Tories failed'
So just think about that, 'a victory for Starmer' but chaos for ordinary working people and small businesses, as councils go bankrupt, public assets and services are sold off and absorbed by big business, corporate governance in SEZs is absolutely on track to perforate holes in the fabric of the nation. 

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

I'll be taking 5 July off work then, so I can stay up and watch these human tods being heaved one by one out of Parliament's anus. 

Human tods lol 😆

I reckon the supermarkets will be selling a few more bottles of wine, bags of popcorn and snacks in case some people fancy some snacks whilst watching the telly.

I'd like to stay up, but I don't have the energy for it nowadays!

• Thanks 1