1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

Obviously not 100% but a large part. I think Brexit is just a lazy excuse to be honest. Plenty of EU countries are suffering inflation too because of money printing during Covid.

"Brexit is a lazy excuse"? I'd like to read your reasoning as to why you think that's the case....Border checks are going add costs on goods, and the fact that there is more of a labour shortage as many EU workers voted with their feet since the referendum and returned to their country of origin, therefore pushing the price of labour up.

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

"Brexit is a lazy excuse"? I'd like to read your reasoning as to why you think that's the case....Border checks are going add costs on goods, and the fact that there is more of a labour shortage as many EU workers voted with their feet since the referendum and returned to their country of origin, therefore pushing the price of labour up.

My reasoning is that plenty of EU countries are experiencing high inflation, so you saying it's because of Brexit is cobblers.

Also cobblers is your claim that loads of people from EU countries have gone back following Brexit. In actual fact over 4.5 million people have stayed under the EU Settlement Scheme;

"As of 31 May 2021, there had been 2,754,100 grants of settled status and 2,276,200 of pre-settled status. Considering the level of overlap between these groups (people moving from pre-settled to settled) it is likely that around 4,882,000 people have received either status through the scheme."

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/eu-settlement-scheme-applications-figures-in-final-month/

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Ok so July 4th. But who cares? I doubt much will change for the better.

As my Grandma used to say, 'It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in.

Spoil your ballot then. They still have to look at it. They still have to take notice of it and the more people who do that the more chance of change with better candidates on offer. 

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Which Tory MP is going to be your Portillo 2024? It’s got to be Rees-Mogg for me.

That's a good shout. 

Probably Ben Bradley for me

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It would be even better if the BBC could get Portillo to do the commentary on the results announcements.

I think the Government have given the BBC their orders for this election...:

Jerry Hicks on X: "Breaking : BBC Corona Virus update, with chief  propagandist Laura Kuenssberg #BBC #LauraKuenssberg #COVID19 #COVID  #COVIDIOTS #ToryLiesCostLives https://t.co/7dm0Ev7yzv" / X

• Haha 1

Will any party have the cojones to address the Brexit situation in their election manifesto

Small business owners are unhappy about the effect its had on them. 

https://news.exeter.ac.uk/faculty-of-humanities-arts-and-social-sciences/brexit-having-a-negative-impact-on-business-new-survey-suggests/#:~:text=Brexit was reported to have,their businesses%2C including Leave voters.

There's evidence of buyers regret from a number of Leavers.  

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjig-SV96GGAxXvnVAGHdT9CIMYABABGgJkZw&ase=2&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7ayBhAPEiwA6EIGxJXoFlyo-GTbuafFW9C4oVvaorQ1UASI4Go5xqvkR4Aq3t8AAxnhqRoChDEQAvD_BwE&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESV-D2L832FNBoAD9MVnTSDzMAsRhvFWFJJmIylIfzg9zIUfGEAz5ZIEFvIYPy8Q3TC04uqF7pGT5jD5OgQMQGW7wy8t0CK45qZZ23A7Ilm2AS0iOcVKdNsg&sig=AOD64_3mT4y79AP8ytIIMSBAbcA0PYTXfg&q&nis=4&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwivjt2V96GGAxUua0EAHYinAHQQ0Qx6BAgOEAE

The Liberals have nothing to lose really, it might  be an idea for them to campaign on the slogan " We'll bring you the Brexit you voted for ", with the promise to rejoin the Single Market if elected.

They'd have a load of ammunition to use against the Tories and other Brexiteers. From lies painted on the sides of coaches, to Boris promising no extra paperwork, to Farage blustering on about " The Norway Option ", to Rees-Mogg admitting it might take 50 years to see the benefits.