1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

The venomous abuse received by women from the anonymous dregs of Twitter does, of course, spill over into the real world, as the statement released by Rosie Duffield has recently described. 

In response to that statement, those who share similarly prominent social media platforms are united in their efforts to ensure that their support, their concern, and the seriousness with which they take such statements is expressed unequivocally, together with their condemnation of the abuse that Rosie Duffield and others have faced and continue to face.  It's important to normalise this response, not the abuse and harassment.

You'd like to believe that such a response is universal. 

Here's Labour Peer Baron Cashman's response to Rosie Duffield's statement, accusing her of cowardice and laziness:

GQLuY7MWkAAA3_Q?format=jpg&name=small

In the inevitable follow-up tweet he neither addresses Rosie Duffield directly, apologises to her, nor retracts his words, apologising only for posting them on Twitter.

Like Lloyd Russell-Moyle and Ben Bradshaw before him, another man of a certain political persuasion who believes himself to be on the right sides of history is eager to shine a light on exactly where that side sits.

I see the rat has finally apologised to her . 

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I see the rat has finally apologised to her . 

He can't even bring himself to address her directly or even mention her name, the last time I looked.  The apology wasn't an apology to her; it was an apology for having posted those words on Twitter.

I'm sure Starmer has been quick to call out Cashman, as Wes Streeting has done, like a good leader should.  Oh.

I've been a Labour supporter since I was old enough to vote, with a couple of wobbles to Green and Lib Dem.   But now even with Corbyn gone I don't trust Starmer, Dodds and co to not throw women under the bus come July.  I'm feeling increasingly politically homeless.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

An extra 40,000 cancer appointments a week. How are Labour going to do this ? 

Does it matter if it's done by investing more money into the NHS or buying private services?

Didn't they also say that they would buy more scanners.

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

An extra 40,000 cancer appointments a week. How are Labour going to do this ? 

Any chance of a link?

1 minute ago, Padders said:

You've got to pick a pocket or two.......

I’d gladly pay more tax to help out folk who’ve got cancer.

• Like 1