1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

He can't even bring himself to address her directly or even mention her name, the last time I looked.  The apology wasn't an apology to her; it was an apology for having posted those words on Twitter.

I'm sure Starmer has been quick to call out Cashman, as Wes Streeting has done, like a good leader should.  Oh.

Good.

Now, where are the comments and condemnation from Starmer?

Labour peer who branded candidate ‘frit or lazy’ loses whip

On Friday, Ms Duffield confirmed she would not be attending local hustings in Canterbury, saying “constant trolling, spite and misrepresentation” from some was now affecting her “sense of security and wellbeing”.

However, in response to a BBC article on Ms Duffield’s decision, Lord Cashman wrote on X, formerly Twitter: “Frit. Or lazy.” In another post, he said: “She should do the decent thing and stand down if she won’t face her constituents.”

Last month, a man was given two eight-week prison sentences, suspended for two years, for sending a death threat to Ms Duffield and the author JK Rowling, who share gender-critical views.

Finally:

Sir Keir Starmer said that Lord Cashman’s comments were “totally inappropriate”.

He added: “That’s why it was important that the whip was withdrawn as it was very swiftly.”

Here. Sir Keir.  Not difficult, is it?  Make a similar statement and I might be looking forward to a hangover on July 5th of  epic 1997 proportions.

7 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Labour man Mick Lynch doesn't like this.

Im surprised he reads the forum tbh, and that youre  a big mate of his enough to know

Edited by melthebell
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Im surprised he reads the forum tbh, and that youre  a big mate of his enough to know

Well, I highly doubt he would appreciate being called an idiot and I don't think the conservatives are trying to get him onside.

Do you think Mick Lynch is an idiot?

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well, I highly doubt he would appreciate being called an idiot and I don't think the conservatives are trying to get him onside.

Do you think Mick Lynch is an idiot?

brexit was idiocy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Indeed, but it wasn't just Conservatives or right wing that voted for it.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I know, idiocy is on both sides of the political divide

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Labour . We are going to make zero hours contracts illegal . 
Labour . We are going to make some zero hours contracts illegal.  
Flip flop .

Conservative . We are going to put all workers on zero hours contracts (if we can get away with it)