1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

I don't know how Labour think they can make growth happen.  I was kind of hoping Rachel Reeves would know how she thinks Labour will make growth happen.  Unlike Rachel Reeves I've no ambition to be the next Chancellor of the Exchequer but I have the same clue as her of how Labour will make growth happen. The Tories have made growth happen but according to Rachel Reeves more growth would have happened if Labour had been in power for the last 14 years.  Because Rachel Reeves doesn't know how Labour will make growth happen it makes sense to stick with the devil you know and vote Tory.

That's some leaps of logic and mental gymnastics you've undertaken to justify why people should vote Tory.

You'd have been more believable if you'd have said stick to nurse for fear of worse

19 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

I don't know how Labour think they can make growth happen. 

better public transport is a policy to stimulate growth.

better child care is a policy to stimulate growth.

pragmatic engagement with the EU would be a policy to stimulate growth.

etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's some leaps of logic and mental gymnastics you've undertaken to justify why people should vote Tory.

You'd have been more believable if you'd have said stick to nurse for fear of worse

It’s typical Westy, he mentioned growth that many times I thought he was talking about farmyard manure in the Allotment & Gardening group.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Since 2010 my votes have been on the winning side of every election including the referendum. My views have reflected the mood of the nation.  The polls suggest Labour will win the election.  I need a good reason to justify voting for Labour.  I don't have a good reason to vote Labour and time is running out.  I do fear the worse if as predicted Labour win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

... We no longer produce coal, so we import it from other countries instead (Netherlands I believe) at twice the price...

'In Q4 2023, coal imports fell to 953 thousand tonnes, 44 per cent down on Q4 2022. The USA (43 per cent), Australia (18 per cent) and the European Union (13 per cent) accounted for 74 per cent of total coal imports. The UK banned Russian coal imports in August 2022.'

UK Energy Trends  [Statistical Release 28 March 2024], Department for Energy & Net Zero

1 hour ago, Wing Commander said:

I don't know how Labour think they can make growth happen.  I was kind of hoping Rachel Reeves would know how she thinks Labour will make growth happen.  Unlike Rachel Reeves I've no ambition to be the next Chancellor of the Exchequer but I have the same clue as her of how Labour will make growth happen. The Tories have made growth happen but according to Rachel Reeves more growth would have happened if Labour had been in power for the last 14 years.  Because Rachel Reeves doesn't know how Labour will make growth happen it makes sense to stick with the devil you know and vote Tory.

If Labour can't stimulate growth, the Tories certainly can't. They've had 14 years to do it. We're now in the worst state than we've ever been in.  Maybe 'Growth' is a thing of the past.

16 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Since 2010 my votes have been on the winning side of every election including the referendum. My views have reflected the mood of the nation.  The polls suggest Labour will win the election.  I need a good reason to justify voting for Labour.  I don't have a good reason to vote Labour and time is running out.  I do fear the worse if as predicted Labour win.

Okay, you could try reading this:

Change – The Labour Party

17 hours ago, Wing Commander said:

You guys have short memories.  Starmer campaigned for Corbyn to be prime minister in both 2017 and 2019.  Corbyn would have removed our nuclear weapons if he had won one of those elections.  Anybody who supported  Corbyn to become prime minister in 2017 and 2019 can't be trusted to  themself become prime minister in 2024.  A  leopard  can't change its spots.  If Starmer and the Labour party win the election then our country will be going to hell in a handcart. 

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Sheffield Forgemasters is owned by the MOD. It was bought for strategic purposes.

When was that? 

I clearly remember Forgemasters going cap in hand to the government. I admit it was some time ago, maybe it has been taken over by MOD since. In which case it must be involved in weapons manufacturing. Not a development I'm very happy with.