1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Cyclunt said:

As long as Nigel beats him, that'll do.

I have got £30 on Starmer to win, if I win, I get £31 back, great odds for a winner 

21 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Starmer really is going to have to do better than reference the same old tired and tone deaf 'toxic debate' trope in response to questions like this.  It does nothing other than indicate that he either hasn't been paying attention or is too much of a coward to say that he has ...

For those uninformed few still remaining who lean instinctively towards 'gender critical = Tory bigot, obviously', here's (until recently)  life-long Labour voter, member, donor and campaigner JK Rowling on Starmer's pish poor performance: JK Rowling: Labour has dismissed women like me. I’ll struggle to vote for it:

For left-leaning women like us, this isn’t, and never has been, about trans people enjoying the rights of every other citizen, and being free to present and identify however they wish.

This is about the right of women and girls to assert their boundaries. It’s about freedom of speech and observable truth. It’s about waiting, with dwindling hope, for the left to wake up to the fact that its lazy embrace of a quasi-religious ideology is having calamitous consequences.

Here's another woman of the left, Susan Dalgety, in The Scotsman, with a similar assessment:

So where does that leave women like me, who are instinctive Labour supporters, yet struggle with Starmer’s arrogant dismissal of the campaign for women’s rights as toxic, just as Nicola Sturgeon did when she was First Minister?

Weary. Sad. Betrayed. But come July 4, I will do what I believe to be the right thing. Like Dr Karen Ingala Smith, whose Counting Dead Women website captures data about the women who have been killed by men in the UK (at least 100 in 2023), I will vote Labour. In the wake of Starmer’s Question Time appearance, she said on social media: “I will vote Labour because the party more broadly reflects my values than any other. I’m glad that we vote for a party not a leader, because Starmer’s response… was so disappointing.”

Add to the list of prominent women who have declared a voting intention vociferous campaigner Julie Bindel, who will be voting Labour: "as the least bad of a terrible bunch (because I care about little things such as the NHS, the benefit system, and criminal justice/human rights act, that the Tories have destroyed)".

And for the aforementioned planks, read this. 'Wheesht' means 'sit down and shut up'.  No.

33 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

here's (until recently)  life-long Labour voter, member, donor and campaigner

Is there, or should there be such a thing as a life-long Labour/Tory supporter when partys change so much?

Labour has gone from New Labour to Jeremy Corbyn and now to Keir Starmer, the Conservatives have gone from being seen as the best party to manage our economy and believing in a small state/taxation, to the highest-ever taxation and the economy in double the debt of the last Labour Government.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is there, or should there be such a thing as a life-long Labour/Tory supporter when partys change so much?

Labour has gone from New Labour to Jeremy Corbyn and now to Keir Starmer, the Conservatives have gone from being seen as the best party to manage our economy and believing in a small state/taxation, to the highest-ever taxation and the economy in double the debt of the last Labour Government.

If you assess a party and conclude that it still broadly supports your essential principles when others do not, then yes, of course, life-long support in some form is possible, even if it's watered down and done reluctantly (see Julie Bindel's comment in my previous post, for example).  For others, like JKR, terrible performance on certain crucial issues crosses a line and support is reluctantly withdrawn.

14 hours ago, Wing Commander said:

I'm just wondering if the opinion polls are fake news???  When interacting with real bona fide people in the everyday environment there is no appetite for Starmer or a Labour government.   Deceit, deception , duplicity , cunning, skulduggery and foxiness are descriptions for Starmer and the Labour party.  I'm hearing there will be an increase in emigration if Labour win the election.  We have a Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights situation being bestowed on us if Starmer and Labour end up in government.  Worrying times. 

In stead of slagging labour off why don’t you wait and see ; Or are you just a Sheffield Wednesday or united supporter  who no matter what the other team’s success is their team is always better  please don’t come out with I don’t know what you are on about   Have A Good Day 

my Vote has been posted, I couldn't bring myself to vote for a 2nd rate Blair after looking at Starmers declared interests, no wonder he's such a Football / Sports fan given the amount of freebies he's been trousering. No one gets something without nothing in return, elite back scratching going on as usual.

I ended up looking at individual candidates.

anyway  roll on the next 10 years of imitation Blair in a pair of flip flops.