1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Accepting bets on events which are open to people with inside knowledge have an high risk factor. But I don't lose any sleep when the odds are in favour of a punter rather than a bookmaker.

The whole saga has been another gift for Starmer who continues to present himself as whiter than white.  I'm not fooled by Starmer.

I don't think Starmer has said that he's "whiter than white".

But remember in the Rochdale by election Starmer removed the whip from the Labour candidate. Has Rishi Sunak done the same with Craig Williams? 

No. Rishi Sunak is "very angry" with Willaims and the others, but will not withdraw the whip. 

Why is that Wing Cammander?

31 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Here for example:

image.png.8641797f4af854e7a698d34e002433bf.png

I'm inferring that if an industry figure says the list contains "hundred" of names known to be under investigation in relation to the timing of the general election, and that was brought to the attention of The Times then it is more than mere speculation.

It is clickbait , petty nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Here for example:

image.png.8641797f4af854e7a698d34e002433bf.png

I'm inferring that if an industry figure says the list contains "hundred" of names known to be under investigation in relation to the timing of the general election, and that was brought to the attention of The Times then it is more than mere speculation.

that anyone standing to win £199 , it not a list of pure Toadies in the Tory party that are connected to knowing the Election date.

Most sectors of gambling are fixed, if you really want to know a winner, best ask a  Chinese punter.

The Tories last throw of the dice!

JUST BEEN LEAKED NOTE BY HEAD OF TORY CAMPAIGN (the one standing in for the one on leave of absence courtesy of William Hill) MEMO ALL CANDIDATES … THE REALITY.

1. We cannot campaign on our record because nothing has improved since we took office.

2. The biggest change we made last Parliament was Brexit and we can’t campaign on that because the people who hated it hate it more and the people who liked it know we have ballsed it up.

3. We can’t campaign on our leaders because we have had five in eight years which suggests none of them were very good.

4. We can’t campaign on Labour being a risk to security and the economy because nobody can do worse than we have and anyway people seem to think @Keir_Starmer is pretty decent and he is for sure not Corbyn.

5. So LADS, all we have left is this … behave like we have lost, it’s all over bar the shouting, towel thrown in, and hope to God millions of people don’t bother to vote us out because they think somebody else will do it. I know it’s desperate and a bit anti-democratic but needs must. We’re **** and we know we are and so this is it!!! **** everything up. Crash the car. Make ourselves look even more unelectable and useless at campaigns. Willie Whitelaw used to talk about travelling the country stirring up apathy. That is all we have left. Do it. Talk up supermajority. I know it is meaningless but it is the only way to stop the superdefeat we all know we deserve.

Cheers. Btw we’re having Sunday drinks 1pm. BYOB 🍾 🥂 ps new slogan. STAY AT HOME. DON’T VOTE. KEEP THE TORIES haha!!

Just now, hackey lad said:

No the comments about “hundreds “ as if it was hundreds of Tories but you know that .

Actually I don't, because it was reported yesterday on the news that the Gambling Commission were widening their investigation to "friends and families" of those connected to the PM.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Actually I don't, because it was reported yesterday on the news that the Gambling Commission were widening their investigation to "friends and families" of those connected to the PM.

It's easy enough the see how they came up with "hundreds" - the bookies looked for bets on a July election with winnings greater than £199. How many of those have links to the Tory Party I don't know. I suspect they are not all Tories because with that many the month of the election would almost certainly have leaked. I'm sure the Tories are expecting more to be announced though.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Funny that Labour are getting on their high horse with gambling all of a sudden................

Gambling Firms Prey on the Working Class. Why is Labour Taking Their Money?

https://novaramedia.com/2023/01/26/gambling-firms-prey-on-the-working-class-why-is-labour-taking-their-money/

Labour’s shadow health secretary, Wes Streeting, and shadow chancellor, Rachel Reeves, have both accepted donations from figures linked to the gambling industry

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/mps-staff-offices-donations-million-business-bosses-gambling-climate-sceptics/

That's a short and frayed straw your clutching at to present such false equivalence. The issue is using insider information to pace bets.

I haven't been following this thread,  or the betting scandal in there entirety, so apologies if this has been answered previously. 

How did suspicions arise about the bets being the result of inside knowledge?  Surely the people involved being in the position they are did not place the bets using their own names?

Betting with insider knowledge is illegal, but if they got a friend ( presuming they have friends ) to place the bet on their behalf how was it traced back to them?

The people involved in government over quite a few years now have not been particularly impressive but surely they can't have been that utterly stupid that they placed the bets themselves?