1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, melthebell said:

Apparently theyve changed the rules on how much parties can use towards election campaigning too so they can throw much more at theirs?

they'd do as well to put it on a Labour win at the bookies

1/7 for Labour Majority 

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

You mention democracy but the trouble is that Starmer is undemocratic and that's the main thing I don't like about him.  He wanted to overturn a democratically decided vote by the public on brexit and also barred Jeremy Corbyn from re-standing, which should be up to the people. Doesn't matter whether you wanted brexit or not or whether you like Corbyn or not, it's anti democracy.  Also with the Ester Rantzen issue on euthanasia he just said, "If I get into power I will pass it".  That's it, no debate. 

Corbyn was banned from standing as a Labour candidate following a vote by the NEC, the party's governing body. Starmer brought the motion and it was passed by 22 to 12 votes.  Therefore it was voted on, Starmer couldn't have banned him by himself.

He can say he'll pass something but he'll require parliamentary approval to do so. As much as our ' Leaders ' would like to be dictators they aren't, at the moment.

Policies are not carved in stone, things change and should be dealt with when that happens. There is now a consensus that Brexit was an ill thought out, badly executed cóck up. However, it's over and all any politicians can do is attempt to mitigate the damage and move on. Rejoining the Single Market would be the sensible thing to do, but as we rarely do sensible these days I doubt it will happen.

I'm no fan of Starmer, he's an establishment figure who appears to lack leadership qualities and has the charisma of a wet lettuce. 

The Labour party aren't the answer to any question other than  " How do you get it across to a political party that their incompetence, corruption and self serving contempt for the welfare of the people will no longer be tolerated? "

Meanwhile, the clock keeps ticking.    https://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

37 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If he had called the GE for May we would have saved a lot of money, not a great deal of difference between May and July.

I agree.  The only justification for having a general election just a few weeks after those locals ones held in May would have been if the Tory party had lost their majority and were unable to get bills and legislation through parliament.  They now have not got time to get legislation through parliament which has been approved.  A bad decision by Rishi Sunak.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

It's going to take all of that time just to put right all the things the Torries have done, if it's even possible. I fear it's too late. Add to that all the problems coming up in the pipe line and no money to do it with, and they're going to be very busy.

What an uphill task...  

And that will be Labour excuse when things don't get better, which they won't. Both parties are wishy washy wasters.

That's what both parties do. You've got a short memory, as the Tories said the same things when they got in. 

54 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

Every 4 - 5 years we have these unfair general elections where politicians from all parties repeatedly brainwashing people with false promises, endless misleading information and no end of lies about the state of the country.

For the past 100 years Labour and Conservatives have taken it in turn to try and make our country better and look at the state we are in... 

When are all these floating voters who vote either Labour or Tory realise their vote won't change anything, the past 100 years proves that..

It's time the public woke up and voted for a complete change.....

Time to vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party,.. lol

Wish i could afford to go abroad on holiday for next two months...

I think UK and USA aren't that far away from each other. The same places have the same results each time. And just a few seats alter the government to win. I didn't vote when I was in UK, because it was a waste of time. Labour win every time. 

52 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Waaa waaa...  when are they going to call the election.  Why doesn't Sunak get on with the announcement.  Why are they stalling. 

Waaa waaa... Why has he called it now. It's all too soon.  What was he thinking announcing so early.  

Seriously think sometimes who on earth would want to represent the public. No matter what you do it will never be right. It will never be quick enough but always be too rushed.... It will never be big and far enough but always be too big and too far.  It will never be enough money spent but will always be complained about costing too much.   

Fickle don't even come close.

Yep. All too true. 

This is Britain though, so the first week will be arguing about this date. 

Funniest thing I've heard today was the news on the radio about the general election... why?

"The Conservatives will push ahead with the Rwanda deal regardless, etc.."

"The Labour party doesn't think the Conservatives will stick to the Rwanda deal"

Okay.... so what are the Labour party's goals?
I've noticed this the last few years, Labour never really state what they want to do, they just call everyone else's policy's garbage without going into detail about what they would do differently... it's almost as if they don't know what they're doing.

27 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Labour never really state what they want to do, they just call everyone else's policy's garbage

Totally right, but tbh, that's all they need to do. 

Why bother committing to anything?

The Tories promised the moon on a stick and look where that got them, so there's no reason to promise anything while you're in opposition.

The time for promising stuff is just approaching, when manifestos get released and election pledges are made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geared said:

The Tories promised the moon on a stick and look where that got them, so there's no reason to promise anything while you're in opposition.

The time for promising stuff is just approaching, when manifestos get released and election pledges are made.

Exactly. 

32 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Funniest thing I've heard today was the news on the radio about the general election... why?

"The Conservatives will push ahead with the Rwanda deal regardless, etc.."

"The Labour party doesn't think the Conservatives will stick to the Rwanda deal"

Okay.... so what are the Labour party's goals?
I've noticed this the last few years, Labour never really state what they want to do, they just call everyone else's policy's garbage without going into detail about what they would do differently... it's almost as if they don't know what they're doing.

they published  amanifesto a few weeks ago, more than the tories have