1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

How is he or she pulling anyone up for a typo?  You need to calm down. 

Pulling someone up for a typo shows there is nowt left in the debate tank oh!  and thats good coming from you who calls a name caller names.  Talking of calming down,   go and prepare a dark room to lay in for  after the GE results. :roll:

35 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Give it a rest will you. 

Anyone would think the way you're talking, the party who you support are running a fantastic campaign and are winning people over.

I will vote Tory tomorrow but I've never stated the Tory party is running a fantastic campaign or winning people over.  What I do know for sure is the Labour haven't run a fantastic campaign or won many people over.  In 1997 Tony Blair did win people over but in 2024 the same can't be said for Starmer.  Enjoy the Tory defeat which is obviously more satisfying for you than a Labour hollow victory. 

38 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Pulling someone up for a typo shows there is nowt left in the debate tank oh!  and thats good coming from you who calls a name caller names.  Talking of calming down,   go and prepare a dark room to lay in for  after the GE results. :roll:

I haven't seen the typo error which has resulted in you getting your knickers in a twist about.  Enjoy the GE results.

16 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

I will vote Tory tomorrow but I've never stated the Tory party is running a fantastic campaign or winning people over.  What I do know for sure is the Labour haven't run a fantastic campaign or won many people over.  In 1997 Tony Blair did win people over but in 2024 the same can't be said for Starmer.  Enjoy the Tory defeat which is obviously more satisfying for you than a Labour hollow victory. 

Blair won because the Tories were poor, Starmer will win because the Tories are poor.

Surely you don't think popular Governments lose elections?

19 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Blair won because the Tories were poor, Starmer will win because the Tories are poor.

Surely you don't think popular Governments lose elections?

Blair won because he genuinely changed the Labour party and offered a credible alternative to the Tory party.  Yes the current Tory party is poor and that is the only reason why the Labour party will win the election.  I want there to be a change government only  when the opposition are likely to perform better than the current party in power.  Starmer and the Labour party have done nothing to convince me they will be any better than the current Tory government which is why I will vote Tory tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Blair won because he genuinely changed the Labour party and offered a credible alternative to the Tory party.  Yes the current Tory party is poor and that is the only reason why the Labour party will win the election.  I want there to be a change government only  when the opposition are likely to perform better than the current party in power.  Starmer and the Labour party have done nothing to convince me they will be any better than the current Tory government which is why I will vote Tory tomorrow. 

To be fair the labour party was mostly changed by Niel Kinnock, but he wasn't very popular with the electorate.

1 hour ago, Wing Commander said:

You obviously haven't heard the maxim that it's Government which lose elections rather than oppositions which win them, and I think that's true this time as it was in 1997 with Tony Blair.

The Tory defeat I will savour because they damned well deserve to lose and lose big. There are some very honest back bench Tory MPs who have, over the years, and at various points, absolutely nailed why they deserve to lose. Here is Charles Walker absolutely livid with his party for choosing Truss:

Tory MP visibly furious over party chaos: 'the damage they have done is extraordinary' – video | Liz Truss | The Guardian

8 minutes ago, Uggy said:

To be fair the labour party was mostly changed by Niel Kinnock, but he wasn't very popular with the electorate.

The press had a lot to do with that - 'the Welsh windbag'  etc.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

You obviously haven't heard the maxim that it's Government which lose elections rather than oppositions which win them, and I think that's true this time as it was in 1997 with Tony Blair.

The Tory defeat I will savour because they damned well deserve to lose and lose big. There are some very honest back bench Tory MPs who have, over the years, and at various points, absolutely nailed why they deserve to lose. Here is Charles Walker absolutely livid with his party for choosing Truss:

Tory MP visibly furious over party chaos: 'the damage they have done is extraordinary' – video | Liz Truss | The Guardian

Truss wasn't smart enough.

Just now, cressida said:

The press had a lot to do with that - 'the Welsh windbag'  etc.

I think that's why the Sun offering backing to Labour is just fills me with antipathy. 

I do not respect that newspaper's views, it's 'journalism' is rank and little more than **** stirring, and historically it has been bigoted towards many minority groups who it has slandered in the most appalling ways.