1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, janie48 said:

As a Labour voter I'm obviously pleased with the  result, but I'm not expecting the new government to be perfect, that would be like expecting a miracle. 

Rishi Sunak on his departure described  Keir Starmer as " a decent spirited man, who I respect".

That was a nice thing to say, and I really think he meant it.

2 faced if you ask me after what hes been accusing him of all through the final 2 weeks of campaigning

Edited by melthebell
  • Haha 1

As a Labour voter I'm obviously pleased with the  result, but I'm not expecting the new government to be perfect, that would be like expecting a miracle. 

Rishi Sunak on his departure described  Keir Starmer as " a decent spirited man, who I respect".

I don't think you'll be disappointed 

6 minutes ago, janie48 said:

See also

12 minutes ago, geared said:

Be interesting to see who replaces Rishi, they've lost alot of the big names.

Jeremey Hunt probably, although I'm not sure the public much like the man.

I think sensible Tories will not put their names forward straight away. 

The Tories will want to indulge their right wing before realising the elections  are won from the middle ground.

So my advice to the likes of Atkins or Cleverly is let the Bravermans and Badenochs make the Tory faithful feel good. You can't out perform Reform in terms of right wing rhetoric. 

Eventually the membership will get sick of losing then pick someone more sensible.

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

dammit, thats one of The Daddys main forum posting tactics out the window

A lot of people seem happy that a white "proper Englishman" is back in power.

And defeated that "foreign" looking gentleman, with the funny name!  :)

Folks on the left often rationalize the need to bring in more "foreigners" to do the jobs Brits don't want to do.

Do they mean fruit picking and kitchen work!

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

A lot of people seem happy that a white "proper Englishman" is back in power.

And defeated that "foreign" looking gentleman, with the funny name!  :)

Folks on the left often rationalize the need to bring in more "foreigners" to do the jobs Brits don't want to do.

Do they mean fruit picking and kitchen work!

I've no idea....

You seem to be suggesting that the left voted for Kier Starmer because he's a white "proper Englishman"

And they defeated Sunak because he's a  "foreign" looking gentleman, with the funny name!

Well it wasn't the left that chose Truss over Sunak was it? 

You're deliberately creating mischief here

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, melthebell said:

2 faced if you ask me after what hes been accusing him of all through the final 2 weeks of campaigning

The campaign is now over and it was the correct comment to make after being defeated.  Good etiquette.  Didn't Starmer give praise to Sunak in his victory speech in Downing Street?

3 hours ago, cressida said:

Not sorry Schapps has gone,   Farage says he'll be after Starmer - that should be interesting with Corbyn there, more fun if Galloway ha held his seat though.

Glad to see Corbyn elected as an independent. Hope he continues to fight for his constituents and for the greater good of the country. A good man.

It cost Labour a seat. Serves them right.