1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

With regards to the GE24, already the Tories are fizzing with fury.

Rishi Sunak has put forward that the 2 people who helped run his election campaign should receive honours. This has not gone down well, as you can imagine....

‘The entire clown show caught up with us’: Tory infighting erupts after defeat | Conservatives | The Guardian

Beautiful :)

Why do you care now? 

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

It's not about being better at running the country, it's about knowing about the lives of everyday folks, the struggles, the needs, Sunak showed on his sky TV debacle he doesn't have a clue what hardships people face

His stupid wife in dress that cost   42 thousand ,while people are using food banks,If you are not well of why vote for this gang  ? I will never know  And one of the first things Starmer should do is go through all the wasted things what this lot have used the publics money on ,And there are many of them  .and try to recover some of it  

4 minutes ago, Slinny said:

His stupid wife in dress that cost   42 thousand ,while people are using food banks,If you are not well of why vote for this gang  ? I will never know  And one of the first things Starmer should do is go through all the wasted things what this lot have used the publics money on ,And there are many of them  .and try to recover some of it  

Why is his wife stupid?  Public money won't have been used to pay for the dress.  Did you like Mrs Starmer's  dress?  I thought Mrs Starmer looked great in her dress.

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Doesn't mean she is any good. We'll have to see what she does, but from listening to her, she just sounds like a commoner (like most people, including me) but who speaks a load of crap like the most politicians do. She's perhaps a good local MP though, or was, she won't have time for that now. 

Not liking people like Rees Mogg because he has money, or anyone else for that matter is just jealousy and with him inverse snobbery because he has a posh accent and what are considered dated values - and he's been voted out, so in this case, democracy has worked.  

And as for the graph earlier 'proving that Labour have had more people in state education', actually isn't good reading. If anything it shows that people in state education are far better at cocking up the economy than non state educated. I'm not sure how that used to suggest a positive thing. 

Personally, I don't care what people's background is if they do a good job in government. This whole thing of 'first woman', 'first black', 'first gay' whatever is just nonsense unless used for statistical factors.  It stinks of Tony Blair ideology. 

Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding you here. Are you saying that if someone speaks with a posh accent and has been privately educated it qualifies them to run the country far more than someone who speaks with a regional accent and was state educated?

Because if that is what you're saying it is a servile and obsequious way of looking at things. People should be judged on their actions and how they cope with responsibility.  Boris Johnson. Jacob Rees Mogg, James Cleverly and David Frost are amongst a number of privately educated people who have demonstrated that  being privileged doesn't prevent you from being useless and unfit for any serious level of responsibility.

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Doesn't mean she is any good. We'll have to see what she does, but from listening to her, she just sounds like a commoner (like most people, including me) but who speaks a load of crap like the most politicians do. She's perhaps a good local MP though, or was, she won't have time for that now. 

Not liking people like Rees Mogg because he has money, or anyone else for that matter is just jealousy and with him inverse snobbery because he has a posh accent and what are considered dated values - and he's been voted out, so in this case, democracy has worked.  

And as for the graph earlier 'proving that Labour have had more people in state education', actually isn't good reading. If anything it shows that people in state education are far better at cocking up the economy than non state educated. I'm not sure how that used to suggest a positive thing. 

Personally, I don't care what people's background is if they do a good job in government. This whole thing of 'first woman', 'first black', 'first gay' whatever is just nonsense unless used for statistical factors.  It stinks of Tony Blair ideology. 

My bold

Couldn't agree more. 👏 

2 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I don't think Tony Blair has an ideology. It tends to be the tv news that focuses on the 1st Asian MP, 1st female chancellor etc. 

Perhaps nowadays it's less important if someone who has a less traditionally represented characteristic or background breaks the glass ceiling, though it's always good for young people to have positive role models. 

Not sure how you work out that people from state education '**** up' the economy more times. As for not liking Rees Mogg, I never said I disliked him for the money he has, just the way some people venerate and fawn over him for the fact that he has money - it's like that phrase it's not having money, but the love of money which is at the root of evil.

56 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Mrs Sunak's dress cost £390 which is equal to 42 thousand rupees.  Did Mrs Starmer's dress cost more or less than Mrs Sunak's dress.

That one with the 'beetle' design?