1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Spoken like a true bitter lefty.

Speaking of bitter, have you been on the Guardian pages recently to find invented racism against white people and sexism against men?

I've no reason to be bitter. Just delighted that a sensible, mature group of people are in Government rather than the likes of Boris Johnson or Liz Truss

Surely It's not about whether the cabinet are state or privately educated, the point is that MPs are supposed to represent their constituancy.

How can they do that if they don't know anything of the lives of their constituants, and don't even live in the area they are meant to represent? 

I can assure them that life in the North of England is very different from life in London, and that will be just as true of Scotland, Wales, and all the many and varied regions of the UK. But we have seen just how Londoncentric the country has become under the Tories. The regions have all but been forgotten about and investment sadly lacking to help 'level up' the country. 

The same is true of income, jobs and life experience. Only those who have really struggled or know someone who has, knows what that is like.

Most of the heavy lifting of government is done by the Civil Service - again mainly old, higher educated, white men with a huge sense of entitlement, Tories to a man, so they are hardly typical of the population either, so where is the average person represented if not by their 'local' MP? 

I have long suggested that if MPs have time to take on a second job, they should spend at least 3 months a year living and working in their constituency, doing unfamiliar work: in, say, hospitals, education,, police force, or social services for example.

Then surely they would be wiser and more empathetic to the real needs of the population.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Speaking of bitter, have you been on the Guardian pages recently to find invented racism against white people and sexism against men?

I've no reason to be bitter. Just delighted that a sensible, mature group of people are in Government rather than the likes of Boris Johnson or Liz Truss

Leave it with me, it shouldn't be hard to locate.

👍 

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

Here is a little peach for you...

Another attempt by the Guardian to race bait and try to make out racism is a big problem in the UK..

Where are all the racists now.?

Well seeing as only 11 folk were arrested ( I repeat 11) I really don't think it's the problem they make out...do you?

I repeat, in a country of 69 million....11 were arrested!