1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

43 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well now Labour are in control poverty will cease to be hopefully.

When they fail to accomplish this, maybe the self righteous will finally realise that the responsibility lies with the parents.

It's a shame Marcus Rashford spends millions on cars and jewellery as all that cash could really help the kids.

So you don't like Owen Jones because he's whiney, you don't like Labour supporters because they are self righteous....

What did you think of the previous government who wasted hundreds of billions but shat on others and spent loads on themselves?

I was going to engage in a serious debate with you about the issues, but seemingly there's little point.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So you don't like Owen Jones because he's whiney, you don't like Labour supporters because they are self righteous....

What did you think of the previous government who wasted hundreds of billions but shat on others and spent loads on themselves?

I was going to engage in a serious debate with you about the issues, but seemingly there's little point.

Horrendous.

It's why they took a pounding at the election.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, El Cid said:

When the Tories brought in austerity, they were blamed for the resulting deaths. But now the country is in even more debt, so even more austerity will be needed. Who should we blame?

I was listening to radio four, they were saying that the benefit cap can cost the claimant £3,000 per year. On top of other benefits, that is a lot of money.

Friends were saying that the public supports the benefit cap? But does the public know anything about it, I am certainly shocked that its £3,000 per year.

I have read interviews with Reeves saying she won't be going back to austerity of the recent past, and to be frank I don't think people would wear it. As you say many of the most vulnerable died; then the public were treated to news reports of government money being profusely spaffed up the wall on all manner of fripperies. Understandably many were apoplectic with rage.

Just in the last 4.5 years alone, a total of more than £130 billion in government money has been wasted on 'crony contracts & wasteful outgoings'  -  Scandalous spending tracker - Best for Britain.

Given that the cost of removing the benefit cap of 2 children would be only £3 billion a year; that aforementioned £130 billion is just shocking.

You're right, many of the public do support it....I'll post a little more about that when I look up some other data. I do think though that given what we've learned in the last 14 years, we can't cut and expect growth in the economy - this is probably why Reeves has emphasised things like public works, green energy and cutting planning so as to enable more house building. I think it's probably the first time in many years that there's been an open endorsement of some kind of Keynesian approach to growing the economy.

Edited by Mister M

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

growing the economy.

We need fewer people stuck in traffic queues and fewer people waiting for hospital treatment, better public transport so that people can get to work, fewer people going to jail, to be released and then go back to jail - that would be a start.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We need fewer people stuck in traffic queues and fewer people waiting for hospital treatment, better public transport so that people can get to work, fewer people going to jail, to be released and then go back to jail - that would be a start.

You'll get no argument from me there.

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Don't worry . Labour are here now to fix all that . 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Don't worry . Labour are here now to fix all that . 

As others have been saying in the last 3 weeks

"So good that the adults are back in the room"