1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

How many surgeries has Farage held so far?

Why would people visit their MP, what can Nigel Farage, an individual or a small number of MPs do?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Why would people visit their MP, what can Nigel Farage, an individual or a small number of MPs do?

Maybe people should think carefully about that before voting for them then. 

Can we just not forget what the purpose of an MP supposed to be. Our voice in parliament.  The people we go to to raise our concerns and seek resolution to our grievances. The people we choose to represent us and vote on our behalf. The people we believed are best to serve us and our constituency. 

If people don't think good old, tells it like it is Nige has sufficient  drive and assertiveness to put their point of view forward or doesn't have the will to fight for their slots on  ballots and debates and bills or can't be bothered to put the effort in to do the job he's supposed to serve (instead seemingly spending time massaging his own ego and boosting the PR of the right wing nuts across the pond)... well tough. They should have voted for somebody else. 

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Holding surgeries is part of his job.

People should be able to speak with their MP. How would the MP represent his constituents otherwise?

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe people should think carefully about that before voting for them then. 

Can we just not forget what the purpose of an MP supposed to be. Our voice in parliament.  The people we go to to raise our concerns and seek resolution to our grievances. The people we choose to represent us and vote on our behalf. The people we believed are best to serve us and our constituency. 

If people don't think good old, tells it like it is Nige has sufficient  drive and assertiveness to put their point of view forward or doesn't have the will to fight for their slots on  ballots and debates and bills or can't be bothered to put the effort in to do the job he's supposed to serve (instead seemingly spending time massaging his own ego and boosting the PR of the right wing nuts across the pond)... well tough. They should have voted for somebody else. 

Tru dat Bro  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Holding surgeries is part of his job.

People should be able to speak with their MP. How would the MP represent his constituents otherwise?

I am asking a question, my guess would be that most people see their MP for issues that relate to the local council. Happy to be proved wrong, but my MP had a pot-hole survey and campaigned to save the local care home, both local issues.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I am asking a question, my guess would be that most people see their MP for issues that relate to the local council. Happy to be proved wrong, but my MP had a pot-hole survey and campaigned to save the local care home, both local issues.

People see their MP about things that concern them.

That is their democratic right.

A cornerstone of our democracy.

• Like 1