1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

They set the agenda and the ethos though, but yes,  privatisation has done the country no good at all. That was a political decision. The wealth has been sucked up and distributed to shareholders rather than used to pay for improvements and infrastructure, we now don't even own our own utilities. We are merely the rats running round the maze. The profit goes to the owners and shareholders, not to the country.

Consequently, the gap between rich and poor has never been greater and is growing all the time. 

Working hard to improve your position is no longer viable, when young, hard working, well qualified people are burdened with debts and still unable to afford to buy their own home, or even afford the extortionate rents. Many are still living at home with parents well into their thirties. In such conditions dissatisfaction thrives, and angry discontent results.

The recent riots were about a great deal more than just immigrants, and had a lot more people trying to protest peacefully to demonstrate their concerns.  When the ballot box doesn't work, what else is left? Unless the politicians listen, and act, things will get worse until the situation explodes in violence. IMO it's quite possible that we repeat German history and end up with serious conflict. 

The riots were instigated by a far cleverer set of folk than those that participated in them, I noticed that a guy prisoned for hurling rocks/bricks at police officers was only caught because he has his name on his shirt. :loopy:

8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

The riots were instigated by a far cleverer set of folk than those that participated in them, I noticed that a guy prisoned for hurling rocks/bricks at police officers was only caught because he has his name on his shirt. :loopy:

Who do you think are the instigators?

16 minutes ago, crookesey said:

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

If I knew that I would either be one of them or a member of the secret services, which I am not.

So the riots were instigated but you’ve not got a clue who instigated them?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, crookesey said:

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

That is correct.

So you’re a conspiracy theorist?

47 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Sadly there was a lot of easily influenced folk who got sucked into it, and are now rightly suffering the consequences of their actions, but I wonder if the real people behind it will ever be brought fully to justice.  I was amused to see the police collected CCTV footage of those who bought balaclavas in Rotherham shops on their way to Manvers, and still worth the same distinctive clothing from when they purchased them.
I suspect the fake name, put out by a woman on Twitter, was just the spark/excuse that others were already awaiting; when the police/security services analyse her digital history, I wonder if it will provide any direct connections to the alleged organisers. It seems she's currently being defended by The Free Speech Union  Twitter link

Here's a couple of links to read, though they are quite long articles, and perhaps better suited for reading on a tablet or monitor, rather than a mobile; maybe our unnamed forum member can try on a smart TV 🙂 .

Exposing the Real UK Race Riot Instigators:    Bylines  Nafeez Ahmed 8 August 2024
Robinson has been blamed for stoking the unrest, but the tentacles of disinformation are global.

Nafeez Ahmed uncovers a worrying nexus of tech platforms and far-right conspiracy – with links to Europe, Russia and the January 6 insurrection

Subsequent to that article being published, this came out; I have linked to it previously, but perhaps it's still of interest to some

[he looks to have been involved in the "Southport Wake Up" group].

Mr.AG: The Mixed Race Finnish Neo-Nazi Behind the UK’s Race Riots  Red Flare  •  16.08.2024

5 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

So the riots were instigated but you’ve not got a clue who instigated them?

They are calling them the Farage riots, he is the one who keeps winding people up about asylum seekers and they attacked an asylum center.

It's not rocket science.