1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

So, basically...

The powers that be drag their feet for one side and speed up the process for the others... 👍👍👍

Nope - the link in the post above yours is dated 2 August,

And you stated you hadn't heard of any arrests after the Harehill riots ............................

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Nope - the link in the post above yours is dated 2 August,

And you stated you hadn't heard of any arrests after the Harehill riots ............................

So because someone else posts a link that's 'proof' that i've heard of something happening?

The link is to West Yorkshire Police's website, not from an MSM source... forgive me but i don't generally have tine to trawl every website known to man. The fact that the MSM have harsly reported on it and someone has to use the police's website says a lot, in my eyes. Considering the knicker-wetting from MSM when it's 'right wing' idiots in the frame...

Again, some double standards showing for me.

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Please explain what is happening , as you see it 

Lots of people have concerns about the massive 764,000 net immigration

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/longterminternationalmigrationprovisional/yearendingdecember2023

The right-wing has then played on peoples emotions and has used fake news about the asylum seekers when really people should be concerned about the 764,000 net immigration figure, which will now be reduced because we have a new Government.

The previous Government failed to build enough houses and failed to invest in the NHS, which was needed because of the massive immigration, they left the Labour Government with no money, the Tories even spent money which they didn't have.

Because of all the lies told by Johnson, Truss and Sunak and all the ones before, no one trusts any politician.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/longterminternationalmigrationprovisional/yearendingdecember2023

The right-wing has then played on peoples emotions and has used fake news about the asylum seekers when really people should be concerned about the 764,000 net immigration figure, which will now be reduced because we have a new Government.

The previous Government failed to build enough houses and failed to invest in the NHS, which was needed because of the massive immigration, they left the Labour Government with no money, the Tories even spent money which they didn't have.

Because of all the lies told by Johnson, Truss and Sunak and all the ones before, no one trusts any politician.

So  the Labour Party don't lie? Don't make me laugh, it hurts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Cid said:

So if we didn't have so much immigration... we wouldn't need to buold so many houses and the NHS wouldn't be as stressed?

I love how you think Labour will control immigration! Thanks, i needed a laugh this morning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

So if we didn't have so much immigration... we wouldn't need to buold so many houses and the NHS wouldn't be as stressed?

I love how you think Labour will control immigration! Thanks, i needed a laugh this morning.

Your sides must have been aching over the last 10 years as illegal immigration grew and Tories failed to process those who arrived in the country.

Whoever is in power needs to tackle the source of the problem and to process those already here.

Also need to differentiate between those immigrants that we need,those that deserve asylum and those who arrive or overstay illegally.

Control means much more than slashing numbers.

13 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Your sides must have been aching over the last 10 years as illegal immigration grew and Tories failed to process those who arrived in the country.

Whoever is in power needs to tackle the source of the problem and to process those already here.

Also need to differentiate between those immigrants that we need,those that deserve asylum and those who arrive or overstay illegally.

I believe it's slightly perverse this lefty 'need' for immigration to fill employment holes. Whilst most of us would probably prefer those unemployed UK citizens to get off their backsides and find jobs so there isn't a need for immigrants, you want immigrants to come and pay tax to support the benefits for unemployed Brits.

With the Tories attempting to try and sort the immigration issue - maybe they might have had more success if the other side hadn't called them racist or xenophobic constantly and blocked any action they tried to take.

Maybe if unemployed Brits were 'encouraged' into employment, we'd have more staff to process immigration/asylum claims... but then we'd need fewer immigrants...

47 minutes ago, RJRB said:

We live in a global world where people and products come from the other side of the world, but we actively encourage people to come here, that lowers wages. We only need more workers to keep wages low.

Did we need 764,000 workers, a decade ago the net immigration figure was always below 300,000, yet the Tories wanted it lower than 100,000

I can accept 200,000 if we must, but that is 1,000,000 over 5 years.

4 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

So because someone else posts a link that's 'proof' that i've heard of something happening?

The link is to West Yorkshire Police's website, not from an MSM source... forgive me but i don't generally have tine to trawl every website known to man. The fact that the MSM have harsly reported on it and someone has to use the police's website says a lot, in my eyes. Considering the knicker-wetting from MSM when it's 'right wing' idiots in the frame...

Again, some double standards showing for me.

For someone who is actually interested, it's not difficult information to find.
Try typing "Harehills Arrests" into your preferred search engine. Google, Duck-Duck-Go, and Brave certainly show relevant links;

image_2024-08-29_110730810.png

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Not easy to do when you have the left undermining you all the time.

Convicted child rapists, drug dealers and other violent criminals were among seven people on a deportation flight this morning (18th May 2022 ).

The Government had originally intended to deport 112 foreign criminals but in Parliament today Home Office Minister Tom Pursglove said that last minute claims put in by politicised lawyers, and representations received from Labour MP’s, meant this number dropped to just 7.

Starmer squirms over foreign criminals

The Labour leader refused to apologise for signing a letter in 2020 calling for 50 dangerous offenders not to be deported on a flight to Jamaica.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/starmer-squirms-over-foreign-criminals/

And:

image.png.792ace197773d65d14a238ee57ca2fb8.png