1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Please forgive my change of content but my hobby horse of converting the City Centre into student accommodation, thus freeing up current suburban student lets, would go a long way to solving the housing problem.

I agree, and I'm sure that in the last 5 years the council are not licensing anymore HMOs in certain areas popular with students. Some years ago I heard of talk about the creation of a student village - somewhere near Brocco Bank(?). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

Working close to that sector, i would argue that quite a bit of it could be sorted by the 'homeless' taking personal responsibility in many cases. No government will succeed in reducing the numbers if people don't help themselves.

There are people with homeless priority who will only take houses, the reason being they're likely to get a bigger return if they right to buy and then sell. They'd rather remain in temporary and emergency housing than accept a flat or maisonette. Also, people only want certain areas and will decline an offer, despite them not having a roof.

I fear the social housing crisis will flourish under Labour with them effectively paying those on benefits to keep having children and then expecting the council to rehouse them into a larger property.

And, as i've said loads over time on here, many 'homeless' people aren't actually homeless.

Lot of truth in this . Our lads friend was offered somewhere to live but preferred to stay in a dingy , emergency housing place with his girlfriend and baby until he got the area he desired 

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Plenty of hypocrisy from the Tories in the last 14 years as well.

With regards to the right to buy, I support the fact that the Government are trying to ensure there is a supply of publically owned housing for people in need as well.

But but Tories.

At least Conservatives on the whole don't try to hide their enjoyment of making money.

Folk like Angela Rayner do exactly the same but then try and fool people she is against it!!

Quite smart is our Ange.

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

But but Tories.

At least Conservatives on the whole don't try to hide their enjoyment of making money.

Folk like Angela Rayner do exactly the same but then try and fool people she is against it!!

Quite smart is our Ange.

She’s not smart , she just thinks other people are thick and have bad memories. 

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

But but Tories.

Quite smart is our Ange.

Really? Why did so many of them not update the Register of Members Interests with regards to their money making then?

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Perhaps she has a point with some folk....:

Between 2019 -2024 over £130billion pounds of taxpayers money wasted on crony contracts and duff deals.  Hackey tugs his forelock and keeps quiet

2024 A woman who legally once took advantage of a scheme set up by the opposition party, now as Deputy PM wants to restrict so that those in need can have somewhere to live:

Burn The Witch GIFs | Tenor 

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

On the contrary..

She knows that there are absolutely thousands of labour folk who took advantage of the right to buy scheme because everyone loves making some free cash......but here's the thing.... If our Ange comes out and tells folk she is against such a thing it then the Labour masses follow suit...."

Vote for a donkey if it had a red rosette on it etc etc

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Really? Why did so many of them not update the Register of Members Interests with regards to their money making then?

Between 2019 -2024 over £130billion pounds of taxpayers money wasted on crony contracts and duff deals.  Hackey tugs his forelock and keeps quiet

2024 A woman who legally once took advantage of a scheme set up by the opposition party, now as Deputy PM wants to restrict so that those in need can have somewhere to live:

But the thing is....

Are Labour not supposed to be against capitalism?

You know free dosh for taking advantage of an opportunity?

Kind of goes against everything Ange stands for really.

She a complete and utter hypocrite.

Was it an act of benevolence by Thatcher to introduce the right to buy,or a considered plan to buy off voters by subsidising the purchase price and then offloading the responsibility of providing and maintaining rented property.

I don’t blame anyone for taking the carrot and nor would I blame anyone for recognising that times have changed and what is needed is affordable rental properties.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

But the thing is....

Are Labour not supposed to be against capitalism?

You know free dosh for taking advantage of an opportunity?

Kind of goes against everything Ange stands for really.

She a complete and utter hypocrite.

No Labour are not against capitalism. 

After the formal change of Clause 4 in their constitution in 1995, it committed itself to being a social democratic party.

Even in the days before then, when the constitution spoke of owning the commanding heights of the economy, in practice that never really happened. 

After WW2, under Attlee; there was a corporatist government which set about transforming post war Britain between the tripartite structure of government, employers and unions. You know that terrible time when the NHS, and welfare state was created, and full employment was the primary goal of economic policy. 

Hope you don't benefit from the NHS, might start screaming hypocrite at you.

33 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Did  hackey keep quiet ?