1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Did  hackey keep quiet ?

I don't remember you raising it as a concern. But not just you - any other Tory supporter on here.

I thought the Tories were supposed to be the party of sound money

Edited by Mister M

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No Labour are not against capitalism. 

After the formal change of Clause 4 in their constitution in 1995, it committed itself to being a social democratic party.

Even in the days before then, when the constitution spoke of owning the commanding heights of the economy, in practice that never really happened. 

After WW2, under Attlee; there was a corporatist government which set about transforming post war Britain between the tripartite structure of government, employers and unions. You know that terrible time when the NHS, and welfare state was created, and full employment was the primary goal of economic policy. 

Hope you don't benefit from the NHS, might start screaming hypocrite at you.

Eh?

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Lot of truth in this . Our lads friend was offered somewhere to live but preferred to stay in a dingy , emergency housing place with his girlfriend and baby until he got the area he desired 

I have experience of the sector...

The myriad of reasons people give for refusing offers of social housing accommodation - by people with an assessed priority NEED - is quite astonishing at times. Can't have a flat because of stairs but can have a house... which has stairs. One said that they couldn't be near a park because they were once bitten by a dog in a park.

Then there's the other side where someone absolutely, positively cannot go to an area due to threat to life... but they'll have a new-build there.

All these Tories who have suddenly found their tongues at the same time 8 weeks ago....

Uncanny isn't it?

Oh and before anyone has a go at me, you can check the records on here, I was critical of the Labour Party on numerous issues.

Just now, Mister M said:

All these Tories who have suddenly found their tongues at the same time 8 weeks ago....

Uncanny isn't it?

Oh and before anyone has a go at me, you can check the records on here, I was critical of the Labour Party on numerous issues.

😂😂😂 

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Uncanny isn't it?

But you can't be critical of a Labour MP who took advantage of free cash but now wants to stop others doing the same......"for the people" 😁 

Why was she not thinking of the people when she trousered the free cash?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No Labour are not against capitalism.

Of course not... they want people to make money so they can take it of them and give it to others. The communist paradox...

True communism won't work because there'll always be those who don't want to work, but the doctrines of the left around inclusivity means that we can't force them to work because it's not their fault, so everyone else has to work harder so there's more to spread around. It's basically what happens in Animal Farm. Communism is almost on a par with religion for the amount of death and destruction brought on the world.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I was questioning your NHS quip.

Don't my taxes contribute to the NHS, so why would I be a hypocrite for using it?

No doubt Rayner's taxes went to fund people's MIRAS as well.