1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Funnily I've just come across this , talking about the winter fuel allowance cut for pensioners  . The leader of the house of commons  Lucy Powell told the BBC , if we hadn't taken that action ,the economy could've crashed . Nina Skero  said there was no evidence to point to this claim . She also said , the size of any hole in the public finances is speculative and there are no alarm bells going off for investors looking at the Uk . 

The winter fuel allowance in budget terms is a really low amount of money so it's really dishonest for the new Labour government to claim it needed to be done to prevent the economy crashing. To many pensioners the amount makes a big difference to them personally financially. The choice made by the new Labour government to withdraw winter fuel allowance proves that they have no compassion and scruples meaning they couldn't careless about the most vulnerable members of our society.  They new Labour government should hang their heads in shame.

Edited by High Chaparral

1 minute ago, High Chaparral said:

The winter fuel allowance in budget terms is a really low amount of money so it's really dishonest for the new Labour government to claim it needed to be done to prevent the economy crashing. Too many pensioners the amount makes a big difference to them personally financially. The choice made by the new Labour government to withdraw winter fuel allowance proves that they have no compassion and scruples meaning they couldn't careless about the most vulnerable members of our society.  They new Labour government should hang their heads in shame.

I think you should hang yours in shame. 

I haven't seen an updated figure for how much per day keeping illegal immigrants in hotels is costing the taxpayer. They're the reason I'm losing my winter fuel allowance and will probably soon be losing my 25% council tax reduction. How much will the cost be after 5 years of Labour?  I'll just have to keep reminding myself how enriched they've made me.

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I think you should hang yours in shame. 

I think you should actually make a worthwhile contribution for once instead of your repeated and very boring thread spoiling antics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1