1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

It’s quite simply a case of ‘we’re in charge now and can do anything that we wish’. They carry on blaming ‘the previous government’ for anything that hurts, and IMHO will continue doing so until they are ‘the previous government’.

It was amusing to see Starmer interviewed saying "people will have forgotten about this by the time of the next election"

No chance, I've seen people still blaming Cameron for stuff and he's been gone years!

No to mention all those who won't vote Labour because of Blair / Brown / Corbyn!

A week might be "a short time in politics" - but not outside Westminster.

Edited by alchresearch
  • Like 1

Reeves claimed thousands in energy bill support before axing winter fuel payments

The Chancellor and other Labour MPs spent more than £400,000 of taxpayer money heating their own homes over the past five years, with some claiming thousands a year more than a typical household spends. It comes as Sir Keir Starmer and Ms Reeves fought off a backbench rebellion over the decision to axe winter fuel payments for millions of pensioners. See the timeline that reveals Labour’s winter fuel raid hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, nearly 350,000 pensioners will be brought into income tax threshold for the first time next year as the state pension rises by £460. Additionally, analysis shows that seven million older retirees will miss out on the full 4pc uplift. 

That rebuilding of the 'Red wall' doesn't look that pleasant now does it & the gloating that Labour romped.home with a large majority, knowing just a few weeks, those, including Lab supporters who thought they were in for a great & cushy 5 year ride with Sir Blair Starmer, now see him for what he is.  But as Starmer says, you gave us a large majority, therefore you gave us a mandate to act as we see fit. 

It's Gordon Brown all over again when as a thanks for voting Labour in all those decades ago, he awarded all the pensioners a 37p rise. 

Don't blame me, I'm a Tory.  Although I am waiting for someone to get round to blaming Thatcher for pensioners getting hypothermia this winter when they're worried about putting the heating on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

That rebuilding of the 'Red wall' doesn't look that pleasant now does it & the gloating that Labour romped.home with a large majority, knowing just a few weeks, those, including Lab supporters who thought they were in for a great & cushy 5 year ride with Sir Blair Starmer, now see him for what he is.  But as Starmer says, you gave us a large majority, therefore you gave us a mandate to act as we see fit. 

It's Gordon Brown all over again when as a thanks for voting Labour in all those decades ago, he awarded all the pensioners a 37p rise. 

Don't blame me, I'm a Tory.  Although I am waiting for someone to get round to blaming Thatcher for pensioners getting hypothermia this winter when they're worried about putting the heating on. 

Don’t worry, We’ve also got the impression that you’re a very mediocre wind up merchant as well!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

That’s a cracking post.

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And you're being irrelevant, pointless as usual.  

I’m blaming you because you’re a Tory!

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said: