1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh, Angela!!!

You would have thought that someone who never stops telling the world she's a working class lass, she would have preferred to stay in a run of the mill hotel in Queens or The Bronx rather than a 2.5 million pad in Manhattan.

Go on Ange!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/sep/22/keir-starmer-angela-rayner-labour-party-conference-latest-live-news

Working class Angela came across as shifty and hypocritical when being interviewed by Laura Kuenssburg this morning. It's not good that interviews are dominated by the conduct of high profile Labour MPs so early during their time in government rather than policies. It's also not good that the biggest culprit for freeloading is the main man himself Sir Keir Starmer.  Bring back the Tories all is forgiven!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, High Chaparral said:

Working class Angela came across as shifty and hypocritical when being interviewed by Laura Kuenssburg this morning. It's not good that interviews are dominated by the conduct of high profile Labour MPs so early during their time in government rather than policies. It's also not good that the biggest culprit for freeloading is the main man himself Sir Keir Starmer.  Bring back the Tories all is forgiven!

Like I've mentioned before, you expect the conservatives to love and accept a few freebies and some dosh, they really don't try to hide the fact, but Labour pretend to come across as being against such practices, but do it anyway!!!

They only fool the naive.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I ain't got all day!!

Nobody is asking for a huge thesis, a few examples will do.

30 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

You do know that Boris Johnson spent more on renovating his flat received by gifts that Starmer has received don't you? So the biggest free loader by a country mile is Johnson

Not that we should be in a position of comparing Starmer to Johnson - it isn't a good look I agree.

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Like I've mentioned before, you expect the conservatives to love and accept a few freebies and some dosh, they really don't try to hide the fact, but Labour pretend to come across as being against such practices, but do it anyway!!!

They only fool the naive.

Yes they do try and hide the fact - In fact Johnson was referred numerous times to the Standards and Privileges Committee for continuously failing to register his interests on time.

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You do know that Boris Johnson spent more on renovating his flat received by gifts that Starmer has received don't you? So the biggest free loader by a country mile is Johnson

Not that we should be in a position of comparing Starmer to Johnson - it isn't a good look I agree.

Yes they do try and hide the fact - In fact Johnson was referred numerous times to the Standards and Privileges Committee for continuously failing to register his interests on time.

Sir Keir Starmer criticised Boris Johnson and the Tories for their conduct when he was the leader of the opposition. He claimed things would change when he became prime minister.  Things seem to have changed for the worse.  It's Sir Keir Starmer's hypocrisy which is the issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Chaparral said:

Sir Keir Starmer criticised Boris Johnson and the Tories for their conduct when he was the leader of the opposition. He claimed things would change when he became prime minister.  Things seem to have changed for the worse.  It's Sir Keir Starmer's hypocrisy which is the issue. 

They are all the bloody same!

Honestly, this thread is just about debating which piece of excrement stinks the least. 

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow tie wearers, they don't care about the country and only for themselves. And they will jump ship to whoever is the flavour of the month. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

You are very spiky today M. Rough night?

I was actually on your side with that comment.

2 hours ago, High Chaparral said:

I don't like the freebies either, and the defence that "it's in the rules" is  poor.

However to say things have changed for the worst is stupid.

First of all - we're not talking about tax payers money being given to friends of ministers and MPs with zero oversight - as in the case of PPE contracts. The gifts are not at the tax payers expense, but from the pockets of people like Lord Ali.

To try and equate the 2 just shows how wrong you are. What about the Tories hypocrisy in all of this as well? Or is that not worthy of comment?

40 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You are very spiky today M. Rough night?

I was actually on your side with that comment.

Okay 

32 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Buyers remorse  ?

Not at all.

I want to see an NHS given a new lease of life; I want to see more growth in the economy; young people in general, not just the offspring of the richest  given more of a chance; I want to see less public squalor amidst privatised wealth and more fairness in society.

What's wrong with that?

• Like 1