1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

I reported on Friday that gold prices have reached a record high.  Why hasn't this fact been reported on the major News Channels? Why aren't our politicians talking about the record price of gold?  Am I the only person in our country who has got his finger on the pulse and is discussing the price of gold ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High Chaparral said:

I'm High Chaparral.

Excuse me I thought the harmless Mister Gee is the village idiot.

Sir Keir Starmer has no credibility. He scrapped the Rwanda plan but is now interested in copying the Italian plan and sending asylum seekers to Albania. What is the difference from sending asylum  seekers to Albania than sending them to Rwanda?

The difference between the UK Rwanda scheme and the Italian Albania scheme, if it ever happens, is that successful asylum seekers will be brought back to live in Italy under the Italian scheme.

3 minutes ago, BigPP said:

The difference between the UK Rwanda scheme and the Italian Albania scheme, if it ever happens, is that successful asylum seekers will be brought back to live in Italy under the Italian scheme.

What if they're unsuccessful  ?

4 minutes ago, BigPP said:

Why didn't the new Labour government apply the same principle to the Rwanda plan passed by parliament?  More than 10,000 migrants have crossed the channel and arrived in the UK during the short time Labour has been in power.  The new Labour  government  is looking more like a soft touch for the migrants than a government who are going to smash the smuggling gangs which Sir Keir Starmer said he was going to do.

15 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

Why didn't the new Labour government apply the same principle to the Rwanda plan passed by parliament?  More than 10,000 migrants have crossed the channel and arrived in the UK during the short time Labour has been in power.  The new Labour  government  is looking more like a soft touch for the migrants than a government who are going to smash the smuggling gangs which Sir Keir Starmer said he was going to do.

Because the great majority would be coming back here, Around 75-80% of those arriving in small boats have a valid asylum claim.

1 hour ago, High Chaparral said:

I reported on Friday that gold prices have reached a record high.  Why hasn't this fact been reported on the major News Channels? Why aren't our politicians talking about the record price of gold?  Am I the only person in our country who has got his finger on the pulse and is discussing the price of gold ?

I think I did see some news about that, also Sterling is quite high, a reason to decrease interest rates.

44 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

The vast majority will have begun their journey well before the GE, and unsurprisingly small boat crossings peak in summer.

Below the peak in 2022, similar to 2023.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53699511