1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

The ex wife of one of my closest friends worked for a number of years for a London council in an administrative capacity.  She had the misfortune to get to know Diane Abbot quite well. Abbot is an obnoxious individual and no credit or practical use to any political party. 

Tell her constituents that . 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Derby said:

Abbottgate isn't good for Labour.  Mr Starmer ought to be able to confirm whether Diane Abbott will be standing or not standing for Labour in the election.

Ha ha ha . Starmer giving a straight answer  😂

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The Tories depend on the gullible. Some working class are daft enough to still believe that the upper classs - their 'elders and betters,' must be honourable.... Nothing could be further from the truth. The upper class will lie, cheat, and steal to maintain their position. (How do you think they got there in the first place?) But they are adept at covering it up with meally mouthed words and a convincing smile.

I can’t do anything about my birthright, what I do recall is my YMCA membership in the early 1960’s. My mates came from all over Sheffield and the ones that are still breathing are still my mates, irrespective of their birthright. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Asking a question is " keyboard warrior mode " ?  I have no intention of trawling through a 50 page thread. You made a comment on this page when Dianne Abbot was being discussed.

Seems perfectly reasonable to ask why.  

the comment was made because in the letter that Abbott wrote which got her removed from the Labour Party she indicated that Irish people along with Jews and Travellers "undoubtedly experience prejudice. This is similar to racism and the two words are often used as if they are interchangeable.”.....“in pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote.” 

So Irish people dont encounter racism because of the colour of their skin same with Travellers. Why she then started discussing Apartheid and Pre-civil rights examples to prove her point i dont know but then again according to her its was only "a draft copy sent in mistake". The fact that the comments were even in a draft copy are ridiculous.

That answer your question about what it has to do with Diane Abbott?

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Tell her constituents that . 

You believe that constituents are a reliable judge of candidates character? 

Difficult to believe when so many people over the years have voted for Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Lee Anderson, Corbyn, Jerad Ó Mara, Fiona Onasanya among others.  Eighteen members of parliament have been suspended by their parties in the last five years.

Our politicians have a higher percentage of miscreants among them than the general public has.

5 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

the comment was made because in the letter that Abbott wrote which got her removed from the Labour Party she indicated that Irish people along with Jews and Travellers "undoubtedly experience prejudice. This is similar to racism and the two words are often used as if they are interchangeable.”.....“in pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote.” 

So Irish people dont encounter racism because of the colour of their skin same with Travellers. Why she then started discussing Apartheid and Pre-civil rights examples to prove her point i dont know but then again according to her its was only "a draft copy sent in mistake". The fact that the comments were even in a draft copy are ridiculous.

That answer your question about what it has to do with Diane Abbott?

Thank you sheffbag it does indeed.  That's all I wanted to know.  Ms Abbott doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box.

I remember her appearing on the Andrew Neill show alongside Portillo, she regularly got herself into a tangle, at which point she'd roll her eye's up toward the ceiling, wave her hands about and bluster.

She was once accused of hypocrisy for sending her children to private school whilst claiming to be against such privilege.

Instead of saying that whilst she disagreed with it, as a mother she wasn't prepared to disadvantage her children because of her beliefs and it was a disgrace she had to make that choice, she rolled her eyes and waffled.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Ha ha ha . Starmer giving a straight answer  😂

He might give a straight answer but will then do the opposite of what he said he would. He's starting to make Nick Clegg look like a man of his word.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I can’t do anything about my birthright, what I do recall is my YMCA membership in the early 1960’s. My mates came from all over Sheffield and the ones that are still breathing are still my mates, irrespective of their birthright. 

Sorry, not sure what you mean by your birth right. You're  not landed gentry are you?

You are free to choose which party you support, just make sure it's an informed choice and you vote for all the right reasons, which alters person to person. 

What I object to is forelock tugging plebs who think that voting Tory somehow elevates them.

It doesn't.