1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Probably going to do it legally . 

He had a go at Starmer, I wasn't aware that Keir was okay with illegal immigrants being allowed in?  Labour are now responsible for immigration control. For the past 14 years the Tories had the responsibility, how did that work out?

Let's give them a chance and judge them then.  Personally I don't care which party is running the country, all I want is some competence.

It was obvious to anyone with any sense that Boris is a buffoon and Truss is a certifiable eejit, although I didn't agree with much of Theresa May's policies she did come across as capable. When Sunak got the job I wished him well, he comes across as an intelligent human being and maybe he could have sorted things but too much damage had been done by the parade of clowns before him.

I didn't vote for Starmer and he's not exactly my cup of tea but I wish him success in improving things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

I'm High Chaparral. Those Tory MPs didn't quit the Tory party.  You don't know anything relevant to what I stated.

Are you really so full of sour grapes about the Tories losing the election with a historic record low in seats that you'll take someone resigning from Labour as a great victory for you. How pathetic.

Just now, Mister M said:

Are you really so full of sour grapes about the Tories losing the election with a historic record low in seats that you'll take someone resigning from Labour as a great victory for you. How pathetic.

The Tories deserved to lose the general election. Labour didn't  deserve to win and they have been found out in record time they are not fit to govern our country under the leadership of Sir Keir Starmer.  I'm not the pathetic one. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

Another bad day for Sir Keir Starmer.  Rosie Duffield has resigned  from the Labour party because of his staggering hypocrisy and sleaze. Is this a record for a member of a party that won a general election to resign so soon afterwards ?

I'm glad you mentioned records Westy, it motivated me to look at the number of how many seats the Tories won. 

121. That's a record low for them - the worst in their parliamentary history. :partyhat:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm glad you mentioned records  it motivated me to look at the number of how many seats the Tories won. 

121. That's a record low for them - the worst in their parliamentary history. :partyhat:

The main relevant statistic is the Labour party won the general election with the lowest share of the vote of any winning party in UK election history.  Only 33.7 % share of the vote is not a sign of overwhelming support and doesn't give confidence they will stay in power after the next general when they have made such a dreadful start to their time in power losing fragile credibility in such a short time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, High Chaparral said:

The main relevant statistic is the Labour party won the general election with the lowest share of the vote of any winning party in UK election history.  Only 33.7 % share of the vote is not a sign of overwhelming support and doesn't give confidence they will stay in power after the next general when they have made such a dreadful start to their time in power losing fragile credibility in such a short time.

Really?

Well my memory of this Forum, and indeed the gutter press, is clearly better than yours, because when Jeremy Corbyn lost the 2019 election he did so winning 202 seats - it's fewest since the 'catastrophic 1935 election'. That was what was emblazoned across the gutter press, and bellowed by many Tories on here. Nothing was said about the vote share.

Stop trying to move the goalposts and tell me what the 'main relevant statistic' is. It's about as convincing as your claim not to be West77 or Axe or the rest of them.