1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

But those who cried "waaah Labour debt of £1.21 trillion in 2010" and that stupid note- Yet said nothing when the Tories left the country owing £2.77 trillion of debt in 2024 are just pathetic and can't even see their own hypocrisy. So still that in your pipe!  

Funny, I don't remember Labour leaving after COVID and Furlough debts mounted up in 2010.

Incidentally you might like to have a look at the covid and other debts run up in other countries. I bet that was the fault of those evil Tories too.

German general government debt up in 2023 by €62 billion to €2.62 trillion

https://www.bundesbank.de/en/press/press-releases/deutsche-staatsschulden-928556

Just now, Mister M said:

It's more the differences in how Labour and the Tories are treated. As the former PM Clement Attlee said:

"A Tory minister can sleep in ten different women's beds in a week. A Labour minister gets it in the neck if he looks at his neighbour's wife over the garden fence".

I suppose it depends which party you support - if you were a Conservative supporter, you might, in theory, disregard the Conservatives behaviour, and conversely, if you were a Labour supporter, you might ignore the Labour members behaviour.

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's more the differences in how Labour and the Tories are treated. As the former PM Clement Attlee said:

"A Tory minister can sleep in ten different women's beds in a week. A Labour minister gets it in the neck if he looks at his neighbour's wife over the garden fence".

Obviously not because they lost the election by an absolute landslide.

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Obviously not because they lost the election by an absolute landslide.

You don't see the difference in treatment between the Government now, and perhaps the previous Government in 2010?

Sure Labour got in 2024, but that was after an avalanche of catastrophes.

Labour haven't even broke any rules (I don't think), never mind the laws, yet look at the screaming headlines - even the broadcast media are joining in the narrative.

27 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Funny, I don't remember Labour leaving after COVID and Furlough debts mounted up in 2010.

Incidentally you might like to have a look at the covid and other debts run up in other countries. I bet that was the fault of those evil Tories too.

German general government debt up in 2023 by €62 billion to €2.62 trillion

https://www.bundesbank.de/en/press/press-releases/deutsche-staatsschulden-928556

But I do remember other countries having debts due to the banking crises of 2008

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You don't see the difference in treatment between the Government now, and perhaps the previous Government in 2010?

Sure Labour got in 2024, but that was after an avalanche of catastrophes.

Labour haven't even broke any rules (I don't think), never mind the laws, yet look at the screaming headlines - even the broadcast media are joining in the narrative.

I think they are pointing out the hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Tories aren’t in power anymore and didn’t come in on promises of change 

No I was comparing the treatment by the media of the Tories with Labour. I know that the Tories are not in Government.

With regards of a promise of change. Actually Tories did promise change:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/10/03/rishi-sunak-tory-conference-speech-change-candidate/

Yes Labour did promise change, and on gifts which is what is being referred to Labour have just in the last few days made a statement re this & change:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/starmer-labour-donations-rosie-duffield-pat-mcfadden-b2620822.html