1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You don't see the difference in treatment between the Government now, and perhaps the previous Government in 2010?

Sure Labour got in 2024, but that was after an avalanche of catastrophes.

Labour haven't even broke any rules (I don't think), never mind the laws, yet look at the screaming headlines - even the broadcast media are joining in the narrative.

You have a very selective memory.

For the past few years our media and " screaming" headlines have been giving the conservatives a hard time.

It's similar to folk harping on about about Diane Abbot being the most abused on social media whilst conveniently overlooking the considerably greater amounts of abuse Boris Johnson received.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

For the past few years our media and " screaming" headlines have been giving the conservatives a hard time.

It's similar to folk harping on about about Diane Abbot being the most abused on social media whilst conveniently overlooking the considerably greater amounts of abuse Boris Johnson received.

You missed what I said about Governments at similar stages of the electoral cycle. I refereed to when the previous Government came in 2010.

But note the Government haven't broken any rules or laws. No they're not perfect, nobody can be.

• Like 1

From the Independent Story:

'Mr McFadden dismissed £16,000 in donations for Sir Keir’s clothes and £32,000 for ministers and their spouses for clothes as “a campaign expense”' - Oh yeah?

Speaking personally, I've never heard such rubbish, and if they were, by some stretch of the imagination, they should have come out of campaign funds.

Edited by RollingJ

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

From the Independent Story:

'Mr McFadden dismissed £16,000 in donations for Sir Keir’s clothes and £32,000 for ministers and their spouses for clothes as “a campaign expense”' - Oh yeah?

Speaking personally, I've never heard such rubbish, and if they were, by some stretch of the imagination, they should have come out of campaign funds.

I agree.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The grounds for abuse or criticism are somewhat different in my opinion.

So Sir Kier is yet to publish is version of the ministerial code of conduct, normally published within days of becoming PM.

I presume this is because he's trying to figure out how to include corruption and avarice into is version.

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

It's more the differences in how Labour and the Tories are treated. As the former PM Clement Attlee said:

"A Tory minister can sleep in ten different women's beds in a week. A Labour minister gets it in the neck if he looks at his neighbour's wife over the garden fence".

Churchill once said of Attlee  ‘A very modest man, with much to be modest about’.

Just now, crookesey said:

Churchill once said of Attlee  ‘A very modest man, with much to be modest about’.

He did.

However the legacy of Attlee's Government was wonderful. Nothing to be modest about there!

5 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Attlee was an excellent PM, Churchill was an excellent war leader but not so good as a PM. During WW1 Churchill had a big hand in the Gallipoli campaign which turned into a disaster. Attlee fought at Gallipoli but unlike many others didn't blame Churchill.

Churchill was also a traditional corrupt politician, taking a pay out from Burmah Oil to influence Persian Oil contracts, he bought Chartwell with the money.

Winston may have been a great man, but Clement was a better man.