1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I haven't heard what Sunak has 'promised' pensioners, but let me guess - maintain tripple lock, increases etc etc etc...  And you believe him? Have you learned nothing about the modus operandi of the Tory party; promise the earth, get elected, then forget all about it. 

I realise you are advocating more for youngsters instead, and I agree they are the future,  but which party has done more to promote egalitarianism and means for youngsters to get on in life? All the help like good healthcare, free higher education, 'sure-start' for babies and younger children, proper apprenticeships into secure well paid jobs, and secure affordable housing, and myriad other benefits to help build equality and a chance for all, was put in place by the Labour party.

And then steadily dismantled by 14 years of the Tories, and theirTory 'austerity' cuts, (yet taxes have risen to their highest ever level, and the national debt has gone trippled.) Where has the money gone? If you need a clue, the wealthiest of the wealthy are now considerably wealthier than they were, and pay less tax. Multi millionaire Sunak (worth £730 million) paid tax at a rate of 0.5%

Do you really think the Tories have had a change of heart and are ever going to restore these things?  Or will they continue to bluster and promise, while quietly syphoning money into the back pockets of the super rich.  

Triple lock now protects pensioners from paying tax by raising their tax threshold to gaurantee they won’t pay it. Labour have so far refused to say they will do the same

tax facts for you though since you say they pay less tax

the wealthiest of the wealthy I.e the top 1% pay over 29% of uk tax income.
The top 10% pay over 60% of uk tax

Top 50% pay 91% of uk tax 

bottom 50% pay 9% of uk tax

under the last Labour govt

top 1% - 22%

top 10% - 52%

top 50% - 88%

bottom 50% - 12%

so the poorer people paid more tax in total under Labour than the current government.

Ifs uk tax income

If you include things like capital gains or inheritance tax then the more well off people contribute even more in comparison to the lower earners.

30 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Triple lock now protects pensioners from paying tax by raising their tax threshold to gaurantee they won’t pay it. Labour have so far refused to say they will do the same

tax facts for you though since you say they pay less tax

the wealthiest of the wealthy I.e the top 1% pay over 29% of uk tax income.
The top 10% pay over 60% of uk tax

Top 50% pay 91% of uk tax 

bottom 50% pay 9% of uk tax

under the last Labour govt

top 1% - 22%

top 10% - 52%

top 50% - 88%

bottom 50% - 12%

so the poorer people paid more tax in total under Labour than the current government.

Ifs uk tax income

If you include things like capital gains or inheritance tax then the more well off people contribute even more in comparison to the lower earners.

From someone in Rotherham? If you were that good you’d be in Guernsey or the Cayman Islands.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

From someone in Rotherham? If you were that good you’d be in Guernsey or the Cayman Islands.

I may be from Rotherham but I can find facts from the ifs so I’ll take those over Anna’s rumblings. 
please feel free to find your own quantifiable stats (big word for a rovrum lad I know) to dispute my post

Posted (edited)

Instead of trying to be negative about a poster based on where they live. ……

Would have put that in the first post but new edit time sucks

Edited by sheffbag

1 minute ago, sheffbag said:

I may be from Rotherham but I can find facts from the ifs so I’ll take those over Anna’s rumblings. 
please feel free to find your own quantifiable stats (big word for a rovrum lad I know) to dispute my post

That’s a poor excuse for defending rich folk who evade paying tax.

5 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Instead of trying to be negative about a poster based on where they live. ……

Would have put that in the first post but new edit time sucks

My grandmother was from Rotherham, spent many a happy day in the paddling pool in Clifton Park in the 1970’s.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

No doubt you’ll have you own triple lock on election night.  A couple of paramedics outside your house, a hotline to the Samaritans and a cyanide capsule?

No , I will be fine .