1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, High Chaparral said:

Getting worse for the dreadful Labour government. Sue Grey's son a new Labour MP got free tickets to a Taylor Swift concert and has received a donation from Lord Ali.  

Was the gift registered in the book of Members Interests? I seem to recall that your pin up Boris had difficulty with this. Nowithstanding that, the total cost of gifts he received dwarfed that of Starmers. Didn't recall much outrage from you then?

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Ok , apologies . It’s all going well and to plan . Look at the great things they’ve done already  . 

Well the Winter Fuel Allowance was a bad gaffe, and that didn't sit well with the gifts that Starmer has received. It is jarring. Also annoyed that social care is not going to get the money and attention it deserves immediately

More than happy with how he dealt with the riots, especially as some right wingers complained that those lobbing bricks at police were just a bit angry. Happy that he's honoured the public sector pay review body and focused on public service delivery rather than picking a fight with unions. Glad we're going to have a Hillsborough Law on duties of candour.

In some ways it's quite refreshing to see the media doing their bit and holding the Government to account, they got out of the habit of that in the last 14 years.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Well the Winter Fuel Allowance was a bad gaffe, and that didn't sit well with the gifts that Starmer has received. It is jarring. Also annoyed that social care is not going to get the money and attention it deserves immediately

More than happy with how he dealt with the riots, especially as some right wingers complained that those lobbing bricks at police were just a bit angry. Happy that he's honoured the public sector pay review body and focused on public service delivery rather than picking a fight with unions. Glad we're going to have a Hillsborough Law on duties of candour.

In some ways it's quite refreshing to see the media doing their bit and holding the Government to account, they got out of the habit of that in the last 14 years.

“a bad gaffe “  😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

“a bad gaffe “  😂😂😂

In how it was presented it was, and if the policy is enacted without ameliorations then it could be dangerous for pensioners just above the threshold.

However like others have said, it's not fair that many rich pensioners receive the benefit when there are hungry children. So yes, taking on a vested interest like pensioners many of whom are more likely to vote than younger people is in that way refreshing.

How do you think the Tories would've handled the riots then Hacks?

I think they would've been delighted, and been slow to condemn the violence. Probably used their existence to be even more performatively vile to those seeking asylum is my guess.

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

In how it was presented it was, and if the policy is enacted without ameliorations then it could be dangerous for pensioners just above the threshold.

However like others have said, it's not fair that many rich pensioners receive the benefit when there are hungry children. So yes, taking on a vested interest like pensioners many of whom are more likely to vote than younger people is in that way refreshing.

Ameliorations..

Good word. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mister M said:

How do you think the Tories would've handled the riots then Hacks?

I think they would've encouraged them, and been slow to condemn the violence. Probably used their existence to be even more performatively vile to those seeking asylum is my guess.

Don’t know mate . You can think what you want, doesn’t make any of it true . 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Don’t know mate . You can think what you want, doesn’t make any of it true . 

I will indeed think what I want - I seem to remember a certain Suella Braverman (Home Sec at the time) ratchet up the tension with pro Palestinian marches in London, and refuse to back the police. 

God knows what would've come out of her gob had she still been in office....