1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

You mean like now, when taxes have never been higher after 14 years of the Tories? All those e hidden taxes add up. 

Labour may have had 100 years to be good at PR, but the Tories have had a thousand - they consider themselves born to rule, ever since the Norman invasion in 1066. Labour are relative newcomers, and play with a straighter bat. Unfortunately put someone with integrity up against confident out and out liars, and it's like trying to pin jelly to the ceiling.  

How do you explain the tax figures in this post below Anna?

Are they lies too?

What are these hidden taxes? You usually say taxes on the rich should be higher.

Really, comparing PR now to back to 1066? :hihi: It's like the comments about Britain is ruined since Thatcher, but on steriods. 

TBH, I don't get where you even think Tories are good at PR. 

9 hours ago, sheffbag said:

Triple lock now protects pensioners from paying tax by raising their tax threshold to gaurantee they won’t pay it. Labour have so far refused to say they will do the same

tax facts for you though since you say they pay less tax

the wealthiest of the wealthy I.e the top 1% pay over 29% of uk tax income.
The top 10% pay over 60% of uk tax

Top 50% pay 91% of uk tax 

bottom 50% pay 9% of uk tax

under the last Labour govt

top 1% - 22%

top 10% - 52%

top 50% - 88%

bottom 50% - 12%

so the poorer people paid more tax in total under Labour than the current government.

Ifs uk tax income

If you include things like capital gains or inheritance tax then the more well off people contribute even more in comparison to the lower earners.

No doubt that since these figures don't match her argument, they are lies. 

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

How would you describe as "rich"?

Does that include everyone who owns their own home after years of paying off a mortgage?

Anyone that spends £18 at Mc'Donalds...

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is he a Billionaire  ? 

My mistake, is it just a million?

"The Sunday Times Rich List values Mr Sunak and Ms Murty's fortune at £651 million, an increase of £122m on last year but still below the 2022 peak of £730m."

The poor fellow is going downhill  :)

We took a few chances that worked out well, I suppose that we are ‘lucky’ to the folk that have never taken a chance in their lives. We class ourselves as being very comfortable, good pensions, savings and investments and no debt, however I wouldn’t class us as being ‘Rich’.

30 minutes ago, crookesey said:

We took a few chances that worked out well, I suppose that we are ‘lucky’ to the folk that have never taken a chance in their lives. We class ourselves as being very comfortable, good pensions, savings and investments and no debt, however I wouldn’t class us as being ‘Rich’.

He who dares wins.