1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

They'll go after anyone. To be honest, I wonder if they really do live on a different planet.

Just wait for the Budget, and then we'll see if they don't shaft everyone but their own MPs/'party workers'.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

The main reason I voted Labour 3 and half months ago was because they originally said they wouldn't go after disabled people, which according to online reports last week, they now ARE doing.

1.6 million disabled pensioners to lose their winter fuel allowance. 

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/16-million-disabled-pensioners-set-lose-winter-fuel-payments

Its disgusting what this Tory Govt will do...... Oh, hang on a minute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Baron99 said:

I thought it might be.  Either that or parachute payments. 

Gone up...

There’s a £40 billion black hole in the UK’s public finances that no one is talking about:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/lifestyle/theres-a-40-billion-black-hole-in-the-uks-public-finances-that-no-one-is-talking-about-379860/

... I wonder what it's up to now? 🙄

48 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They'll go after anyone. To be honest, I wonder if they really do live on a different planet.

Just wait for the Budget, and then we'll see if they don't shaft everyone but their own MPs/'party workers'.

I'm all in favour of pointing where Governments are failing sections of society - take the disabled for example as mentioned by xboxman - there have been many deaths of disabled people documented, and links to specific national policies have been implicated. In fact, the last 4 Secretaries of State at the DWP have covered up many of their own departments failings in this respect.

IIRC the number of deaths that the removal of WFP without ameliorations could cause is close to 4,000. However lets not pretend that Sir Michael Marmot's report on cutbacks to the most vulnerable from 2010 - 2019 didn't also implicate tens of thousands of deaths related to cutbacks and slashing payments to the most vulnerable.

Like I  said above, I will criticise this Government, which I voted in, for where I think they've got things wrong, and credit them for where I think they've got things right. There's many a Tory supporter on here who were noticeably silent about the 2010 - 2024 Government, who are now very vocal about the Labour Government. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Gone up...

There’s a £40 billion black hole in the UK’s public finances that no one is talking about:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/lifestyle/theres-a-40-billion-black-hole-in-the-uks-public-finances-that-no-one-is-talking-about-379860/

... I wonder what it's up to now? 🙄

Well the withdrawal of the Winter fuel payments for 10 million plus pensioners, the majority of whom will have been paying into the system, some of them since they were teenagers, will claw back £1.5 billion. 

Meanwhile, the number of illegal immigrants crossing on small boats on a daily basis has actually increased in number since Labour came to power. 

This area was one of those that Starmer & Cooper 'promised' was going to be tackled from day one.  All I've seen & read is Cooper has had a couple of meets with her French counterpart & an announcement that a Senior Officer would be taking up the job at the end of the year to try & sought out the problem.  The promise of 100 extra Intelligence Officer to work on the problem seems to have been quietly dropped & why would you need an extra 100 Intelligence Officers when the Home Office already has thousands working for it? 

The last I read, around the time of the General Election, the cost to the UK taxpayers for accommodation, etc, regarding illegal migrants, was £7.2 billion out of the then stated £22 billion black hole. 

But that was months ago.  To paraphrase you above, "I wonder what it's up to now?". Especially, as we're now looking after around 4,000 illegals since Labour came to power?

• Like 1