1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well the withdrawal of the Winter fuel payments for 10 million plus pensioners, the majority of whom will have been paying into the system, some of them since they were teenagers, will claw back £1.5 billion.

Without doubt then, had it not been for Brexit they'd still be getting it. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Meanwhile, the number of illegal immigrants crossing on small boats on a daily basis has actually increased in number since Labour came to power. 

What happened on 31st December 2020, that just happens to coincide with the beginnings of a noticably steep rise in the number of boats arriving? 🙄

Brexit turbocharged small boat crossings.

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

But that was months ago.  To paraphrase you above, "I wonder what it's up to now?". Especially, as we're now looking after around 4,000 illegals since Labour came to power?

Well it's not like you to be trying to blame others for things you were more instrumental in creating or making significantly worse than they ever were!

"My choices made everything I'm complaining about now, far worse and much more difficult to deal with"...

...Labour's fault!

Like your imaginary friends, you couldn't make it up! 🤣

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

Without doubt then, had it not been for Brexit they'd still be getting it. 🙄

What happened on 31st December 2020, that just happens to coincide with the beginnings of a noticably steep rise in the number of boats arriving? 🙄

Brexit turbocharged small boat crossings.

Well it's not like you to be trying to blame others for things you were more instrumental in creating or making significantly worse than they ever were!

"My choices made everything I'm complaining about now, far worse and much more difficult to deal with"...

...Labour's fault!

Like your imaginary friends, you couldn't make it up! 🤣

So you're quite happy for 10 million pensioners to have their Winter fuel payments removed? 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So you're quite happy for 10 million pensioners to have their Winter fuel payments removed? 

Not at all, I'd rather there wasn't the necessity or need to do so.

Sadly, as a result of your choices, it now must to be.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I never asked why you voted Labour . I asked why Labour voters on here were reticent about talking about Labour. 

And further to the point I made above where I said I would criticise the Government I voted in, and credit them where I got things right - then I will credit them on their banning of practices such as fire & rehire and protection from unfair dismissal from day one , and I will also credit them with today's investment summit which was also apparently successful.

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Which, I believe , but am prepared to be corrected, was arranged by the previous administration?

Given the time frame it probably was the previous Govt who arranged the summit.

Well done to the previous Govt for arranging the Summit, didn't want to be churlish

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well the withdrawal of the Winter fuel payments for 10 million plus pensioners, the majority of whom will have been paying into the system, some of them since they were teenagers, will claw back £1.5 billion. 

But that was months ago.  To paraphrase you above, "I wonder what it's up to now?". Especially, as we're now looking after around 4,000 illegals since Labour came to power?

Ah that 10 million figure of needy pensioners yet again

Do you think that the weekly number of boat crossing might reduce over the Winter months as opposed to increases in the Summer months?

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Ah that 10 million figure of needy pensioners yet again

Do you think that the weekly number of boat crossing might reduce over the Winter months as opposed to increases in the Summer months?

I for one can't wait to see how much this current bunch of grabbing MPs claim on expenses 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/parliament-mps-claim-expenses-on-energy-bills-for-second-homes/