1. 1. How will you be voting in the General Election 2024

• Conservative
    • Green
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Reform
    • Other / Independent
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Is your vote the same or different to how you voted in the last General Election

• The Same
    • Different

This poll is closed to new votes

17 hours ago, Slighty batty said:

Depends on the type of work I suppose. For example, something like gardening might be quite therapeutic.

Well yebbut it doesn't pay enough for them to come out of the benefit system does it?

42 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Labour donor Dale Vince again pushing his vegan food company - last month it was schools, today the NHS:

Scrap law making schools serve meat, urges Labour donor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crejwrypryyo

Keep watching for announcements on plans to make healthier food standard in schools and hospitals from Wes Streeting and Bridget Phillipson very soon! After all, Vance will want something for his £5 million

You've just reminded me, does anyone remember the penny pinching scroates who owned Chartwells?

A few years ago they were tasked by the Government of providing packed lunches for children of poor families. The company were given £30:00 per pupil, and yep you guessed it, the company only put a fraction of the food in the kid's lunch boxes and pocketed the rest. 

Free school meals firm with Tory links shamed over £30 shopping basket | Metro News

4 minutes ago, XboxMan2024 said:

Well yebbut it doesn't pay enough for them to come out of the benefit system does it?

Just googled it. Average wages: entry level apprentice gardeners £ 9271 per year. Qualified gardener £18297.  Employed gardener £29536. Self employed landscape gardener £51626 gross, £34114 after tax and business costs. 
One of my daughters in law has a mum with borderline personality disorder. The mum works as an artist. Pretty weird art I admit, but weird art is par for the course nowadays, and there are plenty of customers out there who like weird.
My partner has a nephew who’s autistic. I’ve never known the lad out of work. He’s been a welder, a fork lift truck driver, an HGV driver and for the past couple of years he’s been working on a farm, a job which he loves.