General Election 2024: July 4th

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Starmer isn’t trying to get you to vote Labour. He’s happy with far right wingers like you voting for Reform.

Starmer’s entire pitch is to get the centre ground to vote Labour. He’s doing a fine job of it, whilst Sunak has committed the tactical error of chasing the UKIP vote.

Why are you assuming I'm far right?

2 minutes ago, Wing Commander said:

Why are you assuming I'm far right?

You've been rumbled!

P.S. It was you calling them the 'Conservative and Unionist Party' that gave the game away for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, carosio said:

On LBC today, Rachel Reeves (I think it was) said that Labour will be the "friend of the motorist"!

Crikey, does that mean cheaper petrol and attractive models dispensing it at the pumps?

No....it the friend that always needs a few quid off  you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

mber
Because I’ve been reading your bigoted posts for years.

You are the very essence of a far right winger.

I*m a new member here.  I take offence you accuse me of being bigoted. 

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You've been rumbled!

P.S. It was you calling them the 'Conservative and Unionist Party' that gave the game away for me.

Prettytom called them the Conservative and Unionist Party.

Rishi Sunak aide placed bet on election date days before announcement.

Rishi Sunak’s closest parliamentary aide placed a £100 bet on a July election just three days before the prime minister named the date, the Guardian can reveal.

The Gambling Commission is understood to have launched an inquiry after Craig Williams, the prime minister’s parliamentary private secretary, who became an MP in 2019, placed a bet with the bookmaker Ladbrokes on Sunday 19 May in his local constituency of Montgomeryshire.

Using confidential information to gain an unfair advantage when betting may constitute a criminal offence.

The Tories had better focus their election efforts somewhere other than Montgomeryshire because, if Williams does win the seat, being found guilt of a criminal offence is likely to result in him losing it shortly afterwards. The Tories will be better off trying to win seats they might keep.